This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 74s BU

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      The guy who minraises preflop is 12/11 over 200, coldcaller is unknown.

I just went for 3bet just because his mr seems to me rather weak and I think often he will just play fit or fold postflop.

Flop raise is what I have to do imo to have a chance to win this pot.
      I don´t continue on the turn because his play indicates a draw ...

But on the river I don´t see him checking his flush here ever so I take the stab. I wont win with checking behind against anything anyways.

I have no idea what kind of hand could he have.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.98)
      BB ($8.81)
      UTG ($10.18)
      UTG+1 ($7.76)
      UTG+2 ($3.22)
      MP1 ($3.93)
      MP2 ($7.28)
      CO ($2)
      Hero ($5.20)

Dealt to Hero 7:spade: 4:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP2 raises to $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, BB calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.92) J:diamond: 2:club: 3:club:

BB bets $0.05, MP2 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.45, MP2 folds

TURN ($1.97) J:diamond: 2:club: 3:club: 9:club:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($1.97) J:diamond: 2:club: 3:club: 9:club: 5:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB folds
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: What's his WTS, fold to CBet or from what kind of reads/stats do you take the idea of that he is going for a fit/fold?

As played
      Flop: Guess if you really want to make to fold some smaller PP then you have to raise it bigger if you want to go for a raise at all, ~$0,80 at least.
      River: Guess it's pretty close, although while we are HU it's doable. He might still Call us down with some weak flush vs such a bet but it's very likely that we can make him fold. You could maybe do a bit bigger bet, so he wouldn't make a hero-call with some smaller PP which has the .

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Preflop: What's his WTS, fold to CBet or from what kind of reads/stats do you take the idea of that he is going for a fit/fold?
      Well, I guess when I see such stats for 12/10 I can assume he is not going fancy postflop as well. I know I should use more stats, but most of them I can´t interpret correctly yet, so I use vpip/pfr, agg, cbet, fold to cbet ... as well I don´t have big samples for other stats like 3bet (I just pop-up them if I want to see these ...)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Well, I guess when I see such stats for 12/10 I can assume he is not going fancy postflop as well. I know I should use more stats, but most of them I can´t interpret correctly yet, so I use vpip/pfr, agg, cbet, fold to cbet ... as well I don´t have big samples for other stats like 3bet (I just pop-up them if I want to see these ...)
      All the stats thing will come with time. :) You already doing great work with your posts! Pretty sure you will do great in future.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold

All the stats thing will come with time. :) You already doing great work with your posts! Pretty sure you will do great in future.
      Thank you :) . The most think I am proud off is that I improved my mindset greatly. Today I played A+ game the whole session despite few bbeats and as well for example got 3betted several times in a row when I opened, but I just stayed very calm and just played very good imo :s_cool:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

Thank you :) . The most think I am proud off is that I improved my mindset greatly. Today I played A+ game the whole session despite few bbeats and as well for example got 3betted several times in a row when I opened, but I just stayed very calm and just played very good imo :s_cool:
      Good to hear! Keep going the great work! There will come some news soon, stay tuned about a new thing in PokerStrategy. :)
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Good to hear! Keep going the great work! There will come some news soon, stay tuned about a new thing in PokerStrategy. :)
      Revolution at poker strategy ? :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Revolution at poker strategy ? :D
      Not really. :D But something new. :)