[NL2-NL10] NL5 74s BU

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      The guy who minraises preflop is 12/11 over 200, coldcaller is unknown.

I just went for 3bet just because his mr seems to me rather weak and I think often he will just play fit or fold postflop.

Flop raise is what I have to do imo to have a chance to win this pot.
      I don´t continue on the turn because his play indicates a draw ...

But on the river I don´t see him checking his flush here ever so I take the stab. I wont win with checking behind against anything anyways.

I have no idea what kind of hand could he have.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.98)
      BB ($8.81)
      UTG ($10.18)
      UTG+1 ($7.76)
      UTG+2 ($3.22)
      MP1 ($3.93)
      MP2 ($7.28)
      CO ($2)
      Hero ($5.20)

Dealt to Hero 7:spade: 4:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP2 raises to $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, BB calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.92) J:diamond: 2:club: 3:club:

BB bets $0.05, MP2 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.50, BB calls $0.45, MP2 folds

TURN ($1.97) J:diamond: 2:club: 3:club: 9:club:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($1.97) J:diamond: 2:club: 3:club: 9:club: 5:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB folds
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: What's his WTS, fold to CBet or from what kind of reads/stats do you take the idea of that he is going for a fit/fold?

As played
      Flop: Guess if you really want to make to fold some smaller PP then you have to raise it bigger if you want to go for a raise at all, ~$0,80 at least.
      River: Guess it's pretty close, although while we are HU it's doable. He might still Call us down with some weak flush vs such a bet but it's very likely that we can make him fold. You could maybe do a bit bigger bet, so he wouldn't make a hero-call with some smaller PP which has the .

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Preflop: What's his WTS, fold to CBet or from what kind of reads/stats do you take the idea of that he is going for a fit/fold?
      Well, I guess when I see such stats for 12/10 I can assume he is not going fancy postflop as well. I know I should use more stats, but most of them I can´t interpret correctly yet, so I use vpip/pfr, agg, cbet, fold to cbet ... as well I don´t have big samples for other stats like 3bet (I just pop-up them if I want to see these ...)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Well, I guess when I see such stats for 12/10 I can assume he is not going fancy postflop as well. I know I should use more stats, but most of them I can´t interpret correctly yet, so I use vpip/pfr, agg, cbet, fold to cbet ... as well I don´t have big samples for other stats like 3bet (I just pop-up them if I want to see these ...)
      All the stats thing will come with time. :) You already doing great work with your posts! Pretty sure you will do great in future.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold

All the stats thing will come with time. :) You already doing great work with your posts! Pretty sure you will do great in future.
      Thank you :) . The most think I am proud off is that I improved my mindset greatly. Today I played A+ game the whole session despite few bbeats and as well for example got 3betted several times in a row when I opened, but I just stayed very calm and just played very good imo :s_cool:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

Thank you :) . The most think I am proud off is that I improved my mindset greatly. Today I played A+ game the whole session despite few bbeats and as well for example got 3betted several times in a row when I opened, but I just stayed very calm and just played very good imo :s_cool:
      Good to hear! Keep going the great work! There will come some news soon, stay tuned about a new thing in PokerStrategy. :)
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Good to hear! Keep going the great work! There will come some news soon, stay tuned about a new thing in PokerStrategy. :)
      Revolution at poker strategy ? :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Revolution at poker strategy ? :D
      Not really. :D But something new. :)