UTG ($6.23)
      UTG+1 ($5.61)
      UTG+2 ($2.70)
      MP1 ($2.06)
      MP2 ($6.49)
      CO ($2)
      BTN ($5)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: Q:diamond:

UTG calls $0.05, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.03, BB checks

FLOP ($0.15) Q:heart: 3:spade: T:spade:

Hero bets $0.15, BB calls $0.15, UTG folds

TURN ($0.45) Q:heart: 3:spade: T:spade: Q:club:

Hero bets $0.30, BB folds

Hero shows J:spade: Q:diamond:

Hero wins $0.42
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: While the UTG has even full stack, you can basically isolate as well, although if you don't feel yourself playing that perfectly postflop then complete ain't wrong. Basically when they are somewhat PP type of guys, by that I mean limp with all small PPs then you can do that isolate raise in long run more profitable than them with calling.
      Postflop: Not much to add.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      About the preflop - I remember we discussed a hand here with another coach (think it was Adapter ?) where I isolated with KJ pre oop, was likely very similar situation and he advised me rather not to do that since I will tend to do mistakes postflop which was exactly what happened. Therefore I rather isolate IP or when OOP with stronger hands at least AT, KQ
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      About the preflop - I remember we discussed a hand here with another coach (think it was Adapter ?) where I isolated with KJ pre oop, was likely very similar situation and he advised me rather not to do that since I will tend to do mistakes postflop which was exactly what happened. Therefore I rather isolate IP or when OOP with stronger hands at least AT, KQ
      Guess it's mainly the rule for beginners but I don't think that you are that beginner level anymore and definitely can do play postflop somewhat good. And even if not you will post the hand and ask what you could do differently. :)
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Thank you. I love to play some deep HU sng here and there, do you think playing HU can improve my hand reading skills greatly :) ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Thank you. I love to play some deep HU sng here and there, do you think playing HU can improve my hand reading skills greatly :) ?
      Definitely! It did improve a lot for me. :)