[NL2-NL10] 2nl - TPTK

• CraiGDaniel
      CraiGDaniel
      Bronze
      Villain was playing a 40/25 and willing to call down most hands.. i hadn't seen him raise a river yet and i put him on a flush draw as soon as the flop came, was my river decision correct and +EV? Thank you!

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $2.57
      SB: $1.15
      BB: $2.06
      Hero (UTG): $1.97
      MP: $1.21
      CO: $4.90

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has As Qd

Hero raises to $0.06, MP calls $0.06, fold, BTN calls $0.06, fold, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.25, 4 players) 3c Qc 7s
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.16, fold, BTN calls $0.16, fold

Turn: ($0.57, 2 players) 8d
      Hero bets $0.35, BTN calls $0.35

River: ($1.27, 2 players) 7c
      Hero bets $0.25, BTN raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.50

BTN shows Q J (Two Pair, Queens and Sevens) (PreFlop 27%, Flop 13%, Turn 7%)
      Hero shows A Q (Two Pair, Queens and Sevens) (PreFlop 73%, Flop 87%, Turn 93%)
      Hero wins $2.64
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello CraiGDaniel,

And by the way ain't there a way you can copy the hand with suits in PT? Should be doable, something like 2+2 format or something similar, can't you find it? At the moment I see only the AsQd but should be A:sQ.

Preflop: Raise it to 4xBB.
      Postflop: Guess I'd basically bet it a bit bigger on river like $0,70 and then reevaluate his actions. Although as played you might even easily induce him to raise you and therefore shouldn't be that wrong to Call for the given odds. But just play other way and wouldn't have such a problem. And one good tip to you as well, if you are going for such a small block-bet then most likely it's Bet/Fold. :) What was your plan even on river with such a bet?

Best regards.
    • CraiGDaniel
      CraiGDaniel
      Bronze
      Hello veriz, thank you for the response.

In future i will post the proper format hands, this time i just copied it directly which didn't work very well, but i will be posting alot more hands as they come because you give very good advice.

My plan on the river was to fold if re-raised, the small bet was me being scared of the flush which i need to work on, i just feel villain always has the flush due to past bad beats.. something i need to work on.

I didn't fold because i just wanted to look him up, something i often do which is surely hurting my profit..