William Hill - Building Bankroll

• Holdemfreakie
      Holdemfreakie
      Bronze
      So, i just got my 50$ from the quiz (:

And now im starting to building my bankroll.

i will start at $0.01 / $0.02 multitabling.

Wish me the best of luck, and ill keep you updated on how im doing!
  • 13 replies
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      The best reasons to play on William Hill are the promotions PokerStrategy do with them - keep an eye out for those.

Because you're a micro stakes player, like myself, poker rooms with rakeback are better off for you - do consider a change ASAP.

good luck
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      Good luck! How many tables will you be playing?

I've just started trying to grind the $2 6 mans on Will Hill, it's getting very frustrating. I agree with the above poster though about how essential rakeback is when trying to grind at the lower end, I shall be looking elsewhere once I've released the deposit bonus.
    • sufix645
      sufix645
      Bronze
      I would suggest you to not to multi-tabling in the very start, because in a start you need to work on your game. Maybe you feel like you can do it, but well.. you cant.... (I lost about year when I done the same witch I could in 1 month if I wouldnt multi-table)
      But well good luck :) May be you are better than me :)
    • Holdemfreakie
      Holdemfreakie
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TakeManies
      Good luck! How many tables will you be playing?

I've just started trying to grind the $2 6 mans on Will Hill, it's getting very frustrating. I agree with the above poster though about how essential rakeback is when trying to grind at the lower end, I shall be looking elsewhere once I've released the deposit bonus.
      I will be playing 2-3 tables of BB 0.02$

Im up around 10Dollars for the night, it might not seem much, but thats 10% of the bankroll i started with. so im happy for the days outcome.
    • Holdemfreakie
      Holdemfreakie
      Bronze
      @sufix645 i do agree in your point, and i might should focus on 1 table for like half year or so, just to get used to a good playstyle.

I strongly consider to do that. thanks for your comment!<3
    • nerazzurrii
      nerazzurrii
      Bronze
      GL on the tables, i am playing on William Hill with that 50$ from poker strategy and i am over 200$ now
    • Holdemfreakie
      Holdemfreakie
      Bronze
      After 2 days playing 0.01$ / 0.02$ multitabling, im up 21$! with a total Bankroll of 70.96$
    • LucidDementia
      LucidDementia
      Bronze
      Heh, after one hour I'm down 4 BI doing the same. AA killed by 52, QQ killed on a Q74 rainbow board. We love it. :f_eek:
    • PMental
      PMental
      Bronze
      20$ up in two days sounds like a lot at 2NL, you must have been catching cards like crazy!

It doesn't sound implausible at all though. 2NL is a bit tricky on William Hill due to the default buyin being 5$, making 50$ a bit thin as BR imo, a string of bad beats and you could be broke due to variance more or less... Of course you could always buy in for 2$, but then you're almost treated as a shortstack which isn't good either. If you've got your stuff together (or have a streak of good luck with the cards/situations) you can win a lot more as well though. Still, I'm sure it catches a few new players out.

What are peoples thoughts on this actually? One idea is to only play the "shallow stacked" tables, but then you may have to choose less than optimal tables since there's probably a lot fewer of those.

You couldn't even play at a 5$ table if you followed eg. Chris Ferguson's BRM strategy which says you should basically never sit at a table with more than 10% of your BR, meaning you should leave if you manage to steal the blinds once :D
    • beastFromPrague
      beastFromPrague
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PMental
      you could always buy in for 2$, but then you're almost treated as a shortstack which isn't good either
      i disagree. its not important that they have effective 5$ stacks and you'd have 2$, it is about how much BB u have (in this case 2$ = 100BB - not ss)

if u r good player, it is your advantage that your weak opponents are 250bb deep..

i'd buyin for 2$ with your BR
    • luckboxguy
      luckboxguy
      Bronze
      I started at Will Hill with my free 50 from PS, i deposted another €50, €20 and €20 respectivly. I know have my bankroll up over 19k now!! Can't wait for live sponsorship to happen, not sure if i can get there atm because of the PS restrictions on WH.. higest tournies i can enter in $1 plus rake, can rebuy though and in higher entery fee tounrneys also as you qualified trough a sattelite.
    • PMental
      PMental
      Bronze
      Originally posted by beastFromPrague
      i disagree. its not important that they have effective 5$ stacks and you'd have 2$, it is about how much BB u have (in this case 2$ = 100BB - not ss)

if u r good player, it is your advantage that your weak opponents are 250bb deep..

i'd buyin for 2$ with your BR
      Oh it's great to have deepstacked opponents if you're doing it right! Even if you sometimes run into someone that goes all in with K9o preflop and beats your QQ+ or whatever, in the long run you should be more than compensated.

But if you're new, and perhaps isn't thinking as much about your BR as you should it's easy to buy in for the default 5$ and lose way too much (percentage wise) of your BR on a bad beat. (Or because you get impatient and try to get creative and end up playing bad poker).

I have deposited more money btw so I have enough to take a few swings even if I should hit a streak of bad beats (and should I have one I promise not to come and whine about my pocket A cracked ten times in a row :D ). So far so good though, I mostly wanted to see if I could clear a deposit bonus even while grinding the micros.
    • Andyuk18
      Andyuk18
      Bronze
      Nice, those WH micros are fun. You get some uber maniacs who just donate stacks. :)