FLOP ($1.60) 9:diamond: 3:heart: 6:club:

Hero bets $1, calls $1

TURN ($3.60) 9:diamond: 3:heart: 6:club: 8:spade:

Hero checks, bets $1.40, Hero calls $1.40

RIVER ($6.40) 9:diamond: 3:heart: 6:club: 8:spade: T:heart:

Hero bets $5.20, folds

Hero shows Q:spade: J:spade:

Hero wins $6.08

Very loose passive guy both pre and postflop.

I choose to donk on the river in order to get a call by smth like 9x or better.

What do you think about the bet sizing? I was thinking about overbetting in order to get max value from 7x which can be a decent amount of his range.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Turn: As you say he is mainly loose/passive. So basically this means he has some kind of hand on turn with such a small bet? I mean is he able to float and then bet this way. The problem is that we really can't count that clean our overcard outs while he may easily be on some kind of draw and maybe even for example the J gives him a straight. Therefore just Check/Calling ain't the greatest play. More often I would either consider 2nd barrel it if the opponent ain't showdown bound or maybe even Check/Raise against such a small bet which shows weakness. The problem is just against pure GS or maybe even added few outs of Q you wont play that profitable the Check/Call here in long run and you can't even be sure that you get paid on river for your implied odds.

As played
      River: One option would be maybe even to bet it like $3 and induce him to raise with some 7x type of hands or even go yourself for a Check/Raise. But the problem with Check/Raise is that he did show somewhat weakness on turn with his bet size so we can't even be sure that he is going to bet (+ as you said he is passive). Although he might still be able to pay us with some weaker pair/2pair type of hands by now. And if you betting that big then you likely will just get a Call from a 7x but there is a slight chance that he levels himself to raise even there with his 7x if you bet it smaller. Although this of course depends on the opponent, if he really is passive and doesn't even raise for value in those spots then practically it's rather a huge bet as you did or even if he is showdown bound then you can as well even over-bet a bit.

Best regards.