Dealt to Hero 6:diamond: 7:club:

Hero raises to $0.60, calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.20) 9:spade: T:diamond: 2:heart:

checks, Hero bets $0.80, calls $0.80

TURN ($2.80) 9:spade: T:diamond: 2:heart: A:spade:

checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($2.80) 9:spade: T:diamond: 2:heart: A:spade: 8:club:

bets $2.80, Hero ???

It was the second or third hand but the guy was already looking like a passive fish buying in for something like 13.87 and having a screen name like "12435142".

Anyways what do you think it's the best play when he insta donks pot into me after he insta calls the flop ? We are presumably only beaten by QJ but not many other hands fit this line except for slowplayed sets and maybe some 2 pairs ( we are only interested by value hands that can call a shove).
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Against a normal stack I would even sometimes consider like betting the turn as well because it's just a very good card to 2nd barrel and they might even fold some kind of weak pair here or even sometimes some kind of TP if the target ain't showdown bound.

But how we did play the hand and how did he play the hand and made such a pot size bet, it's ugly. Mainly I would say if he would have done the bet smaller lets say like up to $2 or around that I would be inclined to ship it. But now when we look back at his bet size and seeing such from a passive opponent I might even sometimes consider just calling here because he should as well see that the board is somewhat connected and straights are possible. So I guess I would make the crying Call here and wait for better spots. It's HU so we will likely get a lot of those and not let him double-up and sometimes those kind of stacks even are just leaving the table. :(

That's sometimes as well a thing which I mark the opponents down in HU if they are some kind of 50BB players and if they double-up leave the table. I do basically tell them either add to 100BB or get to lower limit. :D Or even not play at all against hit&run guys.

Best regards.