This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] KQo nl50fr

• franeczek
      franeczek
      Global
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      BB ($83.73)
      ($61.25)
      UTG ($53.65)
      Hero ($59.10)
      UTG+2 ($10)
      MP1 ($51.50)
      MP2 ($48.55)
      MP3 ($55.40)
      CO ($45.75)

CO posts (SB) $0.25

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: K:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $2, fold, fold, MP2 calls $2, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($4.75) Q:heart: 8:diamond: Q:club:

Hero bets $3.50, MP2 raises to $7, Hero calls $3.50

TURN ($18.75) Q:heart: 8:diamond: Q:club: 7:diamond:

Hero checks, MP2 checks

RIVER ($18.75) Q:heart: 8:diamond: Q:club: 7:diamond: 2:spade:

Hero bets $6, MP2 raises to $39.55 (AI), Hero calls $33.55

Villian is 22/8/27 after 2.9k hands AFQ 27%. Just cooler or bad play?? On flop I don't want to 3-bet his raise cause I want to keep his range wide. River standard?? I bet small cause after he checks behind I thought that he never has there Qx so his shove on river suprised me. I thought he might still push there worse Qx like QJ or even QT cause he is obviously a fish.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello franeczek,

What's his WTSD/W$SD? What about his AF on river?

I do agree about your thoughts on flop and I wouldn't 3bet there either. We basically just making worse hands to fold and wont even get value from bluffs, although I don't think that such a passive guy will have that many bluffs in his range.

So therefore your line is totally doable, although I don't really understand your line on river? What was the idea of behind the bet and making that small? He might easily have a lot of hands which just gonna pay us a lot more and therefore I'd bet the river definitely bigger like $12 at least. But as played and hopefully you had the plan that tried to induce him to raise then I am not really folding either.

Against some wider range and as well sometimes he might even trap us with some overpairs:

Board: Q:heart: 8:diamond: Q:club:  7:diamond:  2:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    69.64%  64.29%   5.36% { KdQs }
      UTG+1  30.36%  25.00%   5.36% { KK+, 88, AQs, KQs, Q8s+, AQo, KQo, QTo+ }

I'd Call the shove as well.

Best regards.