[NL20-NL50] River spot wit Top2Pair

• mongomob
      mongomob
      Bronze
      Hi there and thank you for giving you the time to give your insight on our hands, i have included in my goals to post some hands so here goes my first.

At this point Villain is completely unknown to us, we have 28 hands on him total in HEM database but at this point about 10hands.

Stats for the few hands we have are VPIP 21 PFR 7.

Before the hand i had just suffered a rather unpleasant beat, fallowed up with me catching a big bluff and taking down a pot (on diffrent table)
      (in retrospeckt i was tilted by the beat and in a OH YEAH YOU PULLING ^#^&* ON ME mode...) (so you have insight on my state of mind)

1. my thought after the hand are i maybe should have donk bet flop? for protection, however my opponents are unknown and 2 of them shortly after a beat. but i am posting not to give my oppinion, rather to get a fresh point of veiw =)

So in General, all comments are welcomed. (should i post results?)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $7.00
      UTG2:
      $28.06
      MP1:
      $6.04
      MP2:
      $31.88
      MP3:
      $15.93
      CO:
      $7.60
      BU:
      $38.30
      SB (Hero):
      $12.40
      BB:
      $25.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, K.
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.75, CO folds, BU calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.65, BB folds.

Flop: ($2.5) 7, 5, J (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($2.5) 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.75, MP3 folds, BU calls $1.75.

River: ($6) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, BU raises to $35.80(All-In), Hero calls $6.40(All-In).

Final Pot: $51.7.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello mongomob,

First of all, I'd ask you why ain't you playing 100BB and which is BSS. At the moment it seems that you are playing MSS. So which strategy do you follow?

Preflop: If you would have played BSS then you can afford such Calls, although not while playing MSS, therefore it's rather a fold.
      Flop: Guess both plays are fine, either you even donk here or just Check/Call. While we are in multiway pot then we can expect him not that often to CBet here anyways unless he has a hand.
      Turn: Seems to be fine.
      River: If you were full stack then it would be pretty easy Bet/Fold but while you ain't it's pretty close. Although if we ask ourselves what kind of hands would he play this way? I mean there ain't that many 2pairs that would have played this way what we beat or either don't think that he would float with some K high on turn so often anyways. Therefore I might even prefer Bet/Folding over Bet/Call. You need like 25% equity here but against for example a bit tighter range:

Board: 7:spade: 5:heart: J:club:  6:diamond:  K:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    78.95%  68.42%  10.53% { 77-55, KJs, 98s, 76s, KJo }
      UTG+1  21.05%  10.53%  10.53% { KcJd }

We ain't getting it, therefore I'd even consider folding here.

Best regards.