$29.91
      SB:
      $26.11
      BB:
      $25.34
      MP2:
      $25.35

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7, 7.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, BU folds, SB raises to $2.80, BB folds, Hero calls $1.95.

Flop: ($5.85) J, J, 3 (2 players)
      SB bets $3.74, Hero calls $3.74.

Turn: ($13.33) A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($13.33) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $13.33.

Villain-unknown.Is calling 3bets IP w PPs reasonable even without odds for set value(20 rule)?On the flop I was wondering whether to raise directly or float.I went for the float.I dont really like the A on the turn for floating though because it fits well into his range.So I decide to check the hand down.Other options?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jozata,

Preflop: Against unknown I am not really big fan of Calling while we even don't know his 3betting range or anything. I guess I'd basically just lay it down.

As played
      Flop: Nah, I wouldn't really raise on flop. We basically just making fold some kind of overcards type of hands, although we can as well just waste bunch of money here and isolating ourselves against better hands. He is not going to fold his overpairs here anyways.
      Turn: Pretty the worst card actually on deck which could hit. If he really wanted to bluff then I guess he would be 2nd barreling it and while he didn't I would even sometimes take it cautiously here because of he might easily let you bluff and therefore I would as well Check it behind.
      River: Although on river it comes pretty close now, if we really ask about his play and hand. Does he really play Ax this way then I'd say I don't think so. So mainly we have to consider either to bet it here or not and if he is going to fold some kind of overpairs or not. But practically Checking behind ain't really big mistake, we can take a look as well at his 3bet range. Although in some spots I might even consider betting and trying to make him fold some kind of QQ/KK type of hands. But now again can we do that by Checking behind the turn? Guess we have to make a pretty huge bet on river to make him fold and not give him great odds.

Best regards.