[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL25 rush AQo 3bet pot delayed cbet

• jozata
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, Q.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.85, BU folds, Hero raises to $3.00, BB folds, CO calls $2.15.

Flop: ($6.25) 2, 8, 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($6.25) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, CO calls $4.00.

River: ($14.25) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.50, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $14.25.

Villain-unknown.I dont like this board for cbetting so I decide to just give up on the flop and play c/f.After his check I see him as relatively weak so I place a delayed cbet on the turn even though the card isnt the best one.On the river I make a small value bet that he can call with his middle pairs because he would probably check behind with them.The spade FD busts so would it be better to play c/c to let him bluff his air?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello jozata,

Doesn't really make sense to bet the turn if you didn't bet the flop. Rather CBet the flop than play it this way. What did it improve you on turn? Only some backdoor FD and that's all, most of the other hands you would definitely CBet the flop and even some backdoor draws.

And nah, bet yourself on river this way as you did and hope to get Called by some weak PP. We can't be sure that he is going to bluff there anyways with missed draws while he is unknown.

Best regards.