• TakeManies
      Hello everyone, I've only just noticed this noticed this forum and thought I would say Hi. I've been playing poker for about 5 years now, I've had big wins and big losses but my main downfall has always been BRM so at the moment I'm trying to teach myself BRM by grinding $2 sngs and reading various books and articles. I've lasted a month so far without going nuts, progress :)

I like the look of this forum so will be sticking around and contributing where I can.

Good luck at the tables.
  • 3 replies
    • IngridN
      Hi there TakeManies,

Appropriate name ;)

Welcome to our community!

Which books are you reading currently?
      We just had a competition for 3 copies of Jared Tendler's 'The Mental Game of Poker' =)

Please stick around and just give us a shout when you need to!

Also it would be great to keep us updated on your progress regarding BRM as many players struggle with that topic.

• TakeManies
      Hello thanks for the warm welcome! I'm currently reading Poker Mindset and I've got Elements of Poker lined up next. Do you recommend any books yourself? What sort of stakes/game do you play?
    • purplefizz
      hey TakeManies,

i'm reading the same stuff as well! (although i havent finished yet). arent they just great? they've helped me make such tremendous progress for my mindset this past month. i play cash games nl50 SH. i guess we would be reading different books game-wise. but these mindset books are just awesome and can totally help any poker player no matter what game they play.

welcome to the community btw :D hehe i almost forgot.