[NL2-NL10] JJ: 3bet preflop, fold on turn.

• patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      Greetings from a new member,

This is my first posting here. I am planning to posting regularly my hand here, so please tell me if I do something wrong.
      Ok, this is the hand.

I was taking about 15 seconds thinking at the flop, because villain was passive at the flop/turn/river. Maybe it make him thinking I had nothing and bet the turn.

How do you think about my fold at turn?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $3
      Hero:
      $3.66

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J:heart: , J:spade:
      MP2 raises to $0.04, Hero raises to $0.08, 4 folds, MP2 raises to $0.16, Hero calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.31) 9:heart: , 6:heart: , 6:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.13, Hero calls $0.13.

Turn: ($0.57) A:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.26, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0.83
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello patszerdonk,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

About the hand:
      Preflop: First mistake is here where you do just too small raise, definitely have to consider doing it bigger, likely would advice to do it 4x his raise.

As played
      Postflop: Somewhat close, he might even sometimes trap us this way and unless he really haven't been very aggressive I guess it's safer to fold the turn while we might need to Call the river as well but rather avoid that and wasting more money. But there are cases where I might even consider Calling for the given odds, not only just to win the hand but as well even for notes from his side, while we might even be ahead with JJ. :)

Best regards.
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      Thank for the advices. Yes, I realized it now that my problem was caused by my preflop reraise.