[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Tptk+Fd

• joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Bronze
      NL2 BSS both players 100bb+ sorry for not having hand history!

Hero - A :spade: T :spade:

Action folded to hero on BU

Hero raises $0.08
      SB calls
      BB folds

FLOP - T :club: 9 :spade: 6 :spade:

Sb checks, Hero bets $0.12, SB raises to $0.40, Hero goes all-in for $1.80,
      Sb calls

Turn - J :spade:

River - 3 :spade:

Is it fine for me to play for stacks on the flop here, if i called his raise on the flop and did hit my flush, i dont think i would have got paid. He was unknown so i cant make any assuptions, from how i saw him play he was TAG-like, so he may have just though i was c-betting.

i felt in this occassion that TPTK and nut flush draw was sufficient to play for stacks.

I dont have the equilab on this comp so i cant do equity analysis porperly. He said that he was 70-30 fav to win, which given the hands may have been correct but agasint his range i think its closer to 60-40.

also, i was the one who pushed i didnt call an all in which i think is different.

any help would be great thanks
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello joeldowey123,

First advice I would give you is that is there any possible way you can find the histories, I mean they should be in the poker site folder and you just need to convert it and don't even have to write all this stuff which takes forever. Or is there any other reason you ain't posting the converted hand? Maybe I can help you?

About the hand:
      I don't really see any other way to play it. We could as well consider like Calling and then reevaluating it on turn, although with TPTK+nutFD, even against sets we ain't that far behind. But the thing is that we can't put him exactly on a set but rather on a range:

Board: T:club: 9:spade: 6:spade:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    53.67%  53.18%   0.48% { TT-99, 66, KTs, QTs, JTs, T9s, 87s, T9o, 87o }
      UTG+1  46.33%  45.85%   0.48% { AsTs }

And even against that kind of range we are doing pretty good, so shouldn't be a mistake to go broke on those limits while he might even hold a lot worse Tx in his range as well.

But against sets we have 70:30 and if we only would put him on a set then that's true that in long run we rather loose money.

Best regards.
    • joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Bronze
      thats what i felt, its was much closer than if i put him directly ona set, which i didnt!

I cant use hand histories at the moment because the replayer on party poker is broken, or being updated or something, and this isnt my laptop so i dont feel comfortable storing HH on it as it may take up some space!

I have ordered my own laptop last night and it should arrive soon and as soon as it does, HH will be saved and translated accordingly!

Thanks Veriz - always helpful!!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by joeldowey123
      thats what i felt, its was much closer than if i put him directly ona set, which i didnt!

I cant use hand histories at the moment because the replayer on party poker is broken, or being updated or something, and this isnt my laptop so i dont feel comfortable storing HH on it as it may take up some space!

I have ordered my own laptop last night and it should arrive soon and as soon as it does, HH will be saved and translated accordingly!

Thanks Veriz - always helpful!!
      You are welcome! Glad to help you out. You don't have anything like PokerStrategy Elephant or PokerTracker or Holdem Manager?
    • joeldowey123
      joeldowey123
      Bronze
      again, not on this laptop (its my gfs and dont really wanna clutter up too much of it with my poker stuff as she uses it for uni and things)

but as mentioned mine is in the process of being delivered soon so hopefully the start of next week ill have proper HH for you instead of my shaudy ahand written attempts lol

cheers man!