This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush QQ BU

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Is my line fine or is it better to just bet the flop ?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.55)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($3.13)
      UTG+1 ($6.30)
      UTG+2 ($5.30)
      MP1 ($1.99)
      MP2 ($2.72)
      Hero ($8.94)
      BTN ($2)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP2 raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, fold, fold, MP2 calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.27) 5:diamond: 5:spade: 3:spade:

MP2 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.27) 5:diamond: 5:spade: 3:spade: J:diamond:

MP2 bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

RIVER ($2.27) 5:diamond: 5:spade: 3:spade: J:diamond: K:diamond:

MP2 checks, Hero checks
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Flop: Don't really see why we shouldn't bet it? We still have to protect from a lot of cards.
      Turn: I'd rather raise it here than Call, we basically just giving him great odds for continue with any hands, draws/overcards or whatsoever.

As played
      River: Not much to do.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      I am falling again onto the fishier side of poker trying to overthink the spots which leads to elementary mistakes :D . Guess I need to work harder and focus more.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      I am falling again onto the fishier side of poker trying to overthink the spots which leads to elementary mistakes :D . Guess I need to work harder and focus more.
      Focusing is definitely worth practicing, have seen a lot players having problems with it who I have coached. But now again, how to practice focusing? :D Not that easy, ain't it?
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Guess meditation would be worth a try :) . Rly depends on my current mindset, sometimes I just feel like when playing I pretty much own everyone and their hands are just face up for me, another day it´s like I switch autopilot - 3bet, raise, fold, cbet ... hm he calls .. dare to call me ?! I will barrel ya out fish ! ... :D ... so basically I this is a mindset issue and that´s the thing I have to work on the most :) .
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Guess meditation would be worth a try :) . Rly depends on my current mindset, sometimes I just feel like when playing I pretty much own everyone and their hands are just face up for me, another day it´s like I switch autopilot - 3bet, raise, fold, cbet ... hm he calls .. dare to call me ?! I will barrel ya out fish ! ... :D ... so basically I this is a mindset issue and that´s the thing I have to work on the most :) .
      One option would be definitely meditation, which might even take away at some spots the tilt. :) Although I have never done that but definitely had in mind. If I would be somewhere tripping and had such an offer to try meditation or something similar then I would definitely try.