[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush QQ BU

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Silver
      Is my line fine or is it better to just bet the flop ?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.55)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($3.13)
      UTG+1 ($6.30)
      UTG+2 ($5.30)
      MP1 ($1.99)
      MP2 ($2.72)
      Hero ($8.94)
      BTN ($2)

Dealt to Hero Q:heart: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP2 raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, fold, fold, MP2 calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.27) 5:diamond: 5:spade: 3:spade:

MP2 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($1.27) 5:diamond: 5:spade: 3:spade: J:diamond:

MP2 bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

RIVER ($2.27) 5:diamond: 5:spade: 3:spade: J:diamond: K:diamond:

MP2 checks, Hero checks
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Flop: Don't really see why we shouldn't bet it? We still have to protect from a lot of cards.
      Turn: I'd rather raise it here than Call, we basically just giving him great odds for continue with any hands, draws/overcards or whatsoever.

As played
      River: Not much to do.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Silver
      I am falling again onto the fishier side of poker trying to overthink the spots which leads to elementary mistakes :D . Guess I need to work harder and focus more.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      I am falling again onto the fishier side of poker trying to overthink the spots which leads to elementary mistakes :D . Guess I need to work harder and focus more.
      Focusing is definitely worth practicing, have seen a lot players having problems with it who I have coached. But now again, how to practice focusing? :D Not that easy, ain't it?
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Silver
      Guess meditation would be worth a try :) . Rly depends on my current mindset, sometimes I just feel like when playing I pretty much own everyone and their hands are just face up for me, another day it´s like I switch autopilot - 3bet, raise, fold, cbet ... hm he calls .. dare to call me ?! I will barrel ya out fish ! ... :D ... so basically I this is a mindset issue and that´s the thing I have to work on the most :) .
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Guess meditation would be worth a try :) . Rly depends on my current mindset, sometimes I just feel like when playing I pretty much own everyone and their hands are just face up for me, another day it´s like I switch autopilot - 3bet, raise, fold, cbet ... hm he calls .. dare to call me ?! I will barrel ya out fish ! ... :D ... so basically I this is a mindset issue and that´s the thing I have to work on the most :) .
      One option would be definitely meditation, which might even take away at some spots the tilt. :) Although I have never done that but definitely had in mind. If I would be somewhere tripping and had such an offer to try meditation or something similar then I would definitely try.