[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush 55 Sb

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      27/18 over 11 hands.

Is that a good 3bet ? What about the sizing ?
      I think flop hits his range hardly so I rather decided not to continue. Should I´ve made the cbet ?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($8.85)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($3.65)
      UTG+1 ($5.38)
      UTG+2 ($2)
      MP1 ($4.98)
      MP2 ($2)
      CO ($2.20)
      BTN ($4.46)

Dealt to Hero 5:heart: 5:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.55, fold, BTN calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.15) J:diamond: Q:spade: 6:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

TURN ($1.15) J:diamond: Q:spade: 6:heart: 2:club:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($1.15) J:diamond: Q:spade: 6:heart: 2:club: J:spade:

Hero checks, BTN checks
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: Against such a wide range we can as well expect him to Call with a very wide range. Therefore I might even sometimes prefer just Calling for set value.

As played
      Postflop: As I mentioned that he can have a very wide range here, I'd basically just CBet it still here as you went for 3bet against such an opponent.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz

Preflop: Against such a wide range we can as well expect him to Call with a very wide range. Therefore I might even sometimes prefer just Calling for set value.
      Well, because his range is so wide, it´s not that likely that we get payed even if we hit our set right ? Ain´t it therefore better to 3bet esp with like pocket 55, which won´t ever win a SD ui, and even having some chance to hit the set when he calls us ?

As played
      Postflop: As I mentioned that he can have a very wide range here, I'd basically just CBet it still here as you went for 3bet against such an opponent.
      Very small sample though.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Just take a look at his stats, they really indicate to a very loose player and therefore I guess he might as well go broke postflop pretty loose. And of course we can take the looseness according to his stack as well while we don't have that big sample.