Moneybookers questions

• pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      Hello, I just signed up and am ready to use Moneybookers. I'm using US dollar currency. However I have some questions.

1) I will not put any of my money up there. I want to use it just for money from Friends Referral program and then withdraw money from FTP since I feel they will be safer at moneybookers? Is it fine just to do what I have written above and dont put up there any of my money from my bank?

2) I will be staying in the US for a month starting 14th of June. Is it possible to get US cash somehow directly from moneybookers? Im guessing not, so maybe I can create a bank account in the US just for the month...

3) If I want to send the money from moneybookers to my bank account which is in different currency, will there be any fees? Or moneybookers will just take the advantage of currency conversion?

4) Also, is the business completely safe? Do your transfers work properly? I just put moneybookers to google and second option to select was "moneybookers scam", which doesnt really keep me calm..

Thank you so much for the answers
      Pavel
  • 3 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Pavels,

I can't answer all of your questions and I forwarded a few to our key account manager and get back to you by Tuesday with the correct info.

Thank you and Happy Sunday,
      Ingrid
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by pavels4444
      1) I will not put any of my money up there. I want to use it just for money from Friends Referral program and then withdraw money from FTP since I feel they will be safer at moneybookers? Is it fine just to do what I have written above and dont put up there any of my money from my bank?
      If you can get your money from TAF to your Moneybookers-account, you can use that money to make a min-deposit to Full Tilt Poker and then cash out. You have to deposit using Moneybookers to be able to withdraw to it. Please note that Full Tilt Poker recently has had problems with Moneybookers, but have started adding it as payment-method again for some countrys and are working to resolve any issues asap.

2) I will be staying in the US for a month starting 14th of June. Is it possible to get US cash somehow directly from moneybookers? Im guessing not, so maybe I can create a bank account in the US just for the month...
      I believe there is a creditcard or something the like that you can request from Moneybookers that is connected to your MB-account. Whether this works in the U.S and how long it takes to get it sorted I am not sure. I would suggest trying to get if fixed asap. Please note that you could probably cash out to your normal bank account and buy US dollars from your bank (I know this is possible in Sweden). Creating a US bank account for a month without living there is probably not gonna be an easy thing.

3) If I want to send the money from moneybookers to my bank account which is in different currency, will there be any fees? Or moneybookers will just take the advantage of currency conversion?
      I am not really sure about this. There is a small fee for transfering, but I don't know at what rate they will exchange the money etc.

4) Also, is the business completely safe? Do your transfers work properly? I just put moneybookers to google and second option to select was "moneybookers scam", which doesnt really keep me calm..
      I have never had any problems with Moneybookers in regards of safety, nor have I heard of anyone else who has. Moneybookers is a big company and Pokerstrategy.com are workin together with them. If there was any chance they would scam you, Pokerstrategy.com wouldn't be working together with them. Transfers work smooth, but be aware that you may have to send some proof of ID or residence to request a creditcard and increase your transaction limits etc. This should ofc be seen as a good thing as it increases the safety of using it :)

Please note that my answers may not be 100% correct and that you may want to wait for the key account manager to get back to you on tuesday, but this probably helps a bit for now.

GL getting it sorted and don't hesitate to ask any other questions!

Regards,
      vonki
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello, I just signed up and am ready to use Moneybookers. I'm using US dollar currency. However I have some questions.

Thank you so much for the answers
      Pavel
      Quoted from
      http://www.moneybookers.com/app/faq.pl?gid=2&qid=718

For transactions involving currency conversion Moneybookers adds 1.99% to our wholesale exchange rates for foreign currency. This charge serves as a protection against the volatility and risk associated with FX markets. The Moneybookers exchange rates are updated on a regular basis throughout the day.

I would say that you will lose 1.99% + another % in ratio ( MB = a financial service = bank = always putting their currency ratio at their advantage compared to the ''real'' rate)