[NL2-NL10] nl5 jj rush

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Thoughts on this?

Was it too aggressive? Badly iso'ing myself against better hands?

Only few hands I had on villian he limp called everything.

C-bet for fold equity and i have some equity anyway.

Plan to c/f turn and river, except not for the .25c

Thanks

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):
      $5.07
      UTG1:
      $5.01
      UTG2:
      $5.95
      MP1:
      $5.05
      MP2:
      $6.03
      MP3:
      $6.02
      CO:
      $5.39
      BU:
      $12.03
      SB:
      $4.07

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J.
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.20, 3 folds, BU calls $0.20, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.10, MP1 folds, BU calls $0.90.

Flop: ($2.42) 6, K, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, BU calls $1.70.

Turn: ($5.82) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25.

River: ($6.32) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $6.32.
  • 6 replies
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Just a note on this:

I've realised i'm raising way too big here, and isolating myself against better hands i'll fold to a 4bet (like the last jj and AK hand)

Although villian played the hand kinda stupid himself, I think I can still learn from this one.

Especially when I think in general many of these villians I think I have better post flop skills than
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Preflop: I wouldn't say that you are raising way too big, although we can say that it might be close to raise against almost UTG. But definitely doable.
      Postflop: Not much to do I guess, I would as well Call the $0,25 not just in hope to win the hand but as well take a look at his hand and take a note. What did he have then? QQ? :D

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Just wondering then, how come I can raise it here with jj against 2 opponents but should maybe only call against the 1?

Is it because this is essentially a squeeze so i have a bit more fold equity against them, whereas vs unknown it's a much harder situation?

And nope! I would rather he had that :D ... He had JK
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Just wondering then, how come I can raise it here with jj against 2 opponents but should maybe only call against the 1?

Is it because this is essentially a squeeze so i have a bit more fold equity against them, whereas vs unknown it's a much harder situation?

Yep, something similar. Squeeze will look a lot stronger in those spots and they might even sometime fold QQ or hands like AK/AQ against we really don't have to take a flip. And of course that's as well why I did mention I would sometimes consider Calling. And of course we are OOP as well. :(

And nope! I would rather he had that ... He had JK

Hehe, scared. :D Definitely worth taking note that he plays his TP this way.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Yep, something similar. Squeeze will look a lot stronger in those spots and they might even sometime fold QQ or hands like AK/AQ against we really don't have to take a flip. And of course that's as well why I did mention I would sometimes consider Calling. And of course we are OOP as well. :( [/quote]Ah great, thought I was on the right lines but wanted to make sure.

I feel in general my game is coming on a lot.

Thanks!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good to hear! :) Hopefully my evaluations help you. :D