This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 jj rush

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Thoughts on this?

Was it too aggressive? Badly iso'ing myself against better hands?

Only few hands I had on villian he limp called everything.

C-bet for fold equity and i have some equity anyway.

Plan to c/f turn and river, except not for the .25c

Thanks

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):
      $5.07
      UTG1:
      $5.01
      UTG2:
      $5.95
      MP1:
      $5.05
      MP2:
      $6.03
      MP3:
      $6.02
      CO:
      $5.39
      BU:
      $12.03
      SB:
      $4.07

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, J.
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.20, 3 folds, BU calls $0.20, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.10, MP1 folds, BU calls $0.90.

Flop: ($2.42) 6, K, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.70, BU calls $1.70.

Turn: ($5.82) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25.

River: ($6.32) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Final Pot: $6.32.
  • 6 replies
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Just a note on this:

I've realised i'm raising way too big here, and isolating myself against better hands i'll fold to a 4bet (like the last jj and AK hand)

Although villian played the hand kinda stupid himself, I think I can still learn from this one.

Especially when I think in general many of these villians I think I have better post flop skills than
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Preflop: I wouldn't say that you are raising way too big, although we can say that it might be close to raise against almost UTG. But definitely doable.
      Postflop: Not much to do I guess, I would as well Call the $0,25 not just in hope to win the hand but as well take a look at his hand and take a note. What did he have then? QQ? :D

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Just wondering then, how come I can raise it here with jj against 2 opponents but should maybe only call against the 1?

Is it because this is essentially a squeeze so i have a bit more fold equity against them, whereas vs unknown it's a much harder situation?

And nope! I would rather he had that :D ... He had JK
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Just wondering then, how come I can raise it here with jj against 2 opponents but should maybe only call against the 1?

Is it because this is essentially a squeeze so i have a bit more fold equity against them, whereas vs unknown it's a much harder situation?

Yep, something similar. Squeeze will look a lot stronger in those spots and they might even sometime fold QQ or hands like AK/AQ against we really don't have to take a flip. And of course that's as well why I did mention I would sometimes consider Calling. And of course we are OOP as well. :(

And nope! I would rather he had that ... He had JK

Hehe, scared. :D Definitely worth taking note that he plays his TP this way.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz

Yep, something similar. Squeeze will look a lot stronger in those spots and they might even sometime fold QQ or hands like AK/AQ against we really don't have to take a flip. And of course that's as well why I did mention I would sometimes consider Calling. And of course we are OOP as well. :( [/quote]Ah great, thought I was on the right lines but wanted to make sure.

I feel in general my game is coming on a lot.

Thanks!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good to hear! :) Hopefully my evaluations help you. :D