No. of hands to next level

• Watto77
      Was just wondering how many hands is good, bad or average to make it from NL 25 to NL 50 for someone playing solid SSS. I know this is very random and variance and upswings etc can make a huge difference but is there any general idea where we can say "that is too many hands".

I know one moderator told me that after 80k hands he hadn't gone anywhere.

One frustrating stat.

I have played approx 16k hands

Had AA 64 times and 36 times it has been folded to me, I hate that. X(
  • 3 replies
    • SonicXT
      In SSS it doesn't matter how many hands you got, because it's so mechanical and you don't really have to learn a thing to move up, just continue the borish mechanical play on a higher limit.

In BSS it might be wise to have about 25k hands per level because you need experience to deal with tough postflop decisions that will become tougher as you go up the limits. In SSS, postflop isn't that important or difficult.
    • luxdelux
      I gave up on sss and started playing SnG, much more interesting than fold fold fold fold fold all-in fold fold fold fold fold fold.... ;)
    • Puschkin81
      Hi Watto77!

There is no recommendation concerning the number of hands. The one decisive aspect is your bankroll. As soon as you have the sufficient bankroll you can move up to NL50.

Good luck at the tables!