NL100SH: TPTK facing huge overbet

• Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $226.86
      BB:
      $109.18

0.50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , K:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $3.50, SB folds, BB raises to $10.00, Hero calls $6.50.

Flop: ($20.50) 7:diamond: , A:heart: , T:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $14, Hero calls $14.00.

Turn: ($48.50) 5:spade: (2 players)
      BB bets $85.18 (All-In), Hero ???

I didn't 4-bet preflop because Villain was rather fishy (though his stats seem reasonable) and I had been bullying the table over the last 10 hands. So I thougt that he might stack off with a worse ace. The flop gives me that, so I call one bet, intending to raise on the turn, but instead, he makes a huge overbet. I know that this is exactly what I wanted, so you might think that this is an easy call, but is it?
  • 6 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      You got caught by your own trap, hehe :D
      The problem is here that your trap above all else, kept you from getting getting any read. There's no telling what he can hold : set, double pair AT (or worse) or a worse ace ...

Whenever I try a play like that and things suddenly completely don't go how I'd expected them to go, I'd be inclined to give it up ... however, here, I think you can't. Why would he bet a set like this on such a board ? If he got AT or A5 (bah), well, too bad ... against relatively unknowns, you can't give up TPTK in a reraised pot to an overbet without information and a draw-free board. If you had obtained information on the flop or preflop, you might have been able to avoid an all-in with that information ...
    • KillaKHAN
      KillaKHAN
      Bronze
      he could be holding a low suited A with spades so he's making a semi-bluff with some outs...
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Whoops, just noticed that I posted my hands in the wrong section.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      I call. The only 2 hands that scare me are AA and TT. But why should he push these hands? You dont want to have fold equity on such a board. Hence, I'd put him more often on AK/AQ, or he's doing a stupid move with a hand like JJ-KK
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Indeed, I thought so too, so I called. He showed T5 though :(
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Well, he was hard to read, you gotta give him that ...
      T5 ... no wonder you usually got contempt for your opponents :D