This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

NL100SH: AA getting check-minraised

• Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $232.46
      Hero:
      $96.50
      MP3:
      $89.72

0.50/1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.7 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , A:club:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $1.00, Hero raises to $5.00, 2 folds, BB calls $4.00, MP3 calls $4.00.

Flop: ($15.50) K:heart: , 7:diamond: , 6:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 bets $6, Hero raises to $20.00, BB raises to $34.00, MP3 folds, Hero ???

BB is loose & aggressive and rarely folds. However, his small raise on the flop after I already reraised indicates strength. But I can also see him do this with KQ or a draw. I think it's an easy push, but because he does this after I already reraised and the raisesize is so small, I'm having second thoughts :)
  • 3 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Tough one ... a check/min 3-bet ...
      It just looks too strong to play on I think. Either you're way behind, or you're ahead a little (against a draw) and there's a slight chance you're up against Kx.
      However, that last option can almost be ignored, as MP3 with his very low AF bet the flop and folded later, so I presume he already got one K.

I don't see myself pushing here, rather folding.

Perhaps a call might be fine too and a push on a turnbet on a non-draw-completing card (or checkbehind if that option arises), as the pot odds are good enough to go through and hope he's missing his draw. If he got a set, it's unlucky and you got 2 outs, if he's on a draw, you might take down a good one.
      I just wouldn't push the flop yet, in case he was on the draw, you could extract more...
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Typically I'd fold given this action. Your read makes it difficult. However, it really smells like a set. I don't think I wanna put my stack in here.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Given your reads and villain's PF looseness a set has to be a tiny part of his range here. I'd just shove flop and be happy about it. Villain will sometimes show us a set /two pair but not often enough for us to worry as we only have a psb left. Also, folding to mini-raises versus an aggressive player could lead us into difficult situations later in the session.

Fight fire with fire.