This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 44 extracting value?

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Wanted to know what you thought about this hand for extracting value.

Obviously I'm not scared at all, he's probably drawing dead already.

I can't see any way of getting any value off this flop unless he's hit but check calling since he's short.

Suppose at the very least min-raise or something on river to try and give him better odds to call?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $2.12
      SB:
      $5.66
      BB:
      $2.17
      UTG1:
      $1.72
      UTG2:
      $1.80
      MP1 (Hero):
      $10.59
      MP2:
      $6.13
      MP3:
      $1.68
      CO:
      $5.02

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 4, 4.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.20, 6 folds, UTG2 calls $0.15.

Flop: ($0.47) 4, Q, 4 (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.47) 7 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.13, Hero calls $0.13.

River: ($0.73) 9 (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.23, Hero raises to $1.95, UTG2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.96.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Just start betting right on flop, he wont pay us anyways much unless he doesn't have a hand. You don't even have to bet it very big, make it like 1/2 or something similar. So you will be able to get his stack on river. :)

And if I am Checking behind on flop then I would likely consider throwing a small raise on turn.

Although that's true that sometimes I do pick such a line when I am against some smaller stacks while we can easily even over-shove and they might hit something like K or A.

Best regards.