[NL20-NL50] NL50 KJo, bluff raise on the flop ?

• MrBrilliant
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($50)
      BB ($25)
      Hero ($111)
      UTG+1 ($50)
      CO ($124)
      BTN ($84.52)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: K:diamond:

Hero raises to $2, fold, CO calls $2, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($4.75) 8:diamond: 3:spade: 2:club:

Hero bets $3, CO raises to $10.50, Hero raises to $23, CO raises to $35.50, Hero folds

CO wins $48.22

stats: 26/21 agfactor flop 4.0 vs PFR raise cbet 13% fold cbet 48% wts 25 hands 10k

on such dry bord, i thought he was bluffing, becouse he would ch/call sets
  • 2 replies
    • jozata
      Opening KJo from UTG is dubious.If the table is tight it could be an option but it is a bit too loose for my taste as it doesnt play well OOP.I am more inclined to open 45+ then KJo.
      This is a board on which you can only represent set/overpair.So your cbet will be bluff raised a lot here.So I often just play c/f here.Seems weak and even exploitable but not much you can do.If you cbet then you have to fold to raise imao-exploitable again.
      Following the yeti theorem you arent representing much with a 3bet on flop too.Would you 3bet if you had a hand like 99+/set?With an overpair if you 3bet he can only continue with a set.With a set I am still calling the raise and will try to get value on a later street.
      So either b/f or c/f as weak as it seems :f_cool:
      A spwey play that came to my mind is if you belive he is bluffing and aggro-call his raise and c/r on turn.What do you think of this line judge?
    • Kaitz20
      he would not raise flop 10$ and then give up, so I think b/f flop is better options than trying to 3-bet bluff him being oop