little downswing?

• kajzr
      kajzr
      Bronze
      Yesterday i finished my first session on new limit FL 25c/50c with +14BB in 203 hands, today i rather ended my session with -38BB after 277 hands. I played about 10-15 procent of my hands. Half of that 10-15 procent were a freeplays, because tables were very tight. I made few mistakes in freeplays, i picked up some bad beats and i missed almost every flop. My bankroll was 156 usd, now it is 137 usd, so i will better keep playing on 10c/20c, where i feel more confident. Between those limits is a big difference, because players on 10/20 are incredibly loose...
  • 6 replies
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Hi kajzr,

Looking at your number of posts, i see you haven't posted any hand in our sample hand forums. Why don't let our judges and other members help you find the mistakes? That way you can improve your game much. Hope you'll go up again soon.

Good luck at the tables!
      -thunderbird56-
    • kajzr
      kajzr
      Bronze
      I think i will do that, because sometimes i am quite puzzled, most times in freeplay...
    • kajzr
      kajzr
      Bronze
      Today i lost 60 BB at FL SH 0.25/0.5, so my bankroll is now 132 usd. All my wins from january are gone in 300 hands. Yesterday i ended my session with -10 BB at the same limit. I am hiting maybe 1 of 10 overcards and everytime i had trips, flush or straight owned me, when i flopped a straight, runner runner flush busted me, when i had fullhouse, villain had the same hand etc etc... And when i finally have nuts, pot is like 5 BB... I was winning at FL SH 0.1/0.2 (4,45 winrate after 1300 hands), but i dont like to play that limit, it would be whole eternity until i get 200 usd bankroll... Some times i am doing some mistakes, but not very much, most of the time i just have bad luck. I cant even post some hands, because PT says me some bullshit errors, when i am trying to import my history... I am thinking about making movies of my game, but where can i get some good freeware program for it?
      Next week i will have 9 days holidays, so i hope i will finally reach 200 usd and stable +EV winrate at 0.25/0.5 :/
    • Classical
      Classical
      Bronze
      Hey Kajzr, I think you have to review your stand on some important issues:

1. BRM: you do need 500BB to play SH, so you're way underrolled for 0,25/0,50. Go back to 0.1/0.2 and grind yourself up. Yes, it takes a lot of time, but it's absolutely necessary. There are no short cuts, this takes time and perseverance.

2. Misunderstanding winrate. There is no such thing as a "stable" winrate. It is a statistical figure that only becomes significant after a large number (at least 20k) hands. 1300 hands mean nothing.

3. Variance. 60BB down is completely normal and doesn't mean a thing. That's why the BRM is so important.

A movie is a good idea, but posting hands would be even better, because you get feedback from some excellent players and have lots of time to think about it. Are you using a hand converter? I don't know what Room you play in, but I'm sure there must be a hand converter for it.
    • raasz
      raasz
      Bronze
      Hey kajzr

I think classical is right. You should post some hands in this forum. The handjudges can give you their opinion and you will learn a lot from it.
      What i don't understand is that you are playing on such a high limit with a bankroll that small. It's asking for trouble i think. Because you're BR is small you're always worried about losing to much $. When you play with a decent BRM you don't have to worry al the time... I'm still playing @NL10 with a bankroll of almost $250. Maybe some players would like to move up but i'm sticking to this limit until i reach $450/500. I always use the 20 buy in rule. It prevends me from tilting when i a loose a big pot and i am for 99% sure i won't go broke.

So: Post hands and make sure you have a strict BRM policy!

Good luck!
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      raasz, he's playing fixed limit