[NL2-NL10] MSS - NL25 KQo BB

• moodkiller
      Known players:

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.88 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:diamond: , Q:spade:
      4 folds, CO calls $0,25, BU folds, SB calls $0,15, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,75) Q:diamond: , 6:heart: , 2:spade:
      SB bets $0,25, Hero calls $0,25, CO calls $0,25.

Turn: ($1,50) K:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1, CO calls $1,00, SB folds.

River: ($3,50) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2,4, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3,50

Preflop i don't want to raise, because those two can't fold and i will be oop in bad situation between them.

Flop comes dry and i decide just to call this minbet, because there is an opponent behind me and the only card that scares me on the turn is A. Should i raise here and extract value from weaker Qx? I think they will have Q often.

On the turn i don't have questions, but think my bet can be bigger, like $1.25.

River: After CO calls turn, he can have many things. What is the optimal bet according to this range i gave him - limp pre, call flop, call turn and eventual call or raise river {TT-66,22,K2s+,KTo+,Q7+,JT} - i have 76.5% equity.
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv

I still raise preflop because you want to generate a solid pot on the Flop as soon as you hit a K or Q. moreover you still have equity to draw sometimes if you don't connect

Checking preflop is just allowing them to see a cheap flop with their marginal hand!

On the FLop you have to start raising for value versus toppair! Also this way you can bet bet on Turn & River to get all-in

The river you can bet 40-50% if you target a Q or worser

Best regards,