[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush KJ BU

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Bronze
      Should I cbet ? I have some equity in the hand so I guess I can make a cbet here ? Or should I rather prefer taking a free card ?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.80)
      BB ($5.54)
      UTG ($5.07)
      UTG+1 ($6.41)
      UTG+2 ($6.10)
      MP1 ($4.66)
      MP2 ($6.39)
      CO ($2)
      Hero ($5)

Dealt to Hero K:club: J:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, BB calls $0.15

FLOP ($0.42) 4:heart: 2:club: T:heart:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.30, BB folds

Hero shows K:club: J:heart:

Hero wins $0.40
  • 9 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Why not? This board ain't like a super-hit board which he might want to continue. A lot of SCs do not continue, broadways and etc will fold. So mainly only few PPs and even against them you can play 2barrels sometimes and make them to fold. Plus it's rush, there people play more fit/fold play.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Bronze
      I am a bit unsure about broadways folding actually ... these guys just don´t fold overcards ... I often see a call just with overs ...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      I am a bit unsure about broadways folding actually ... these guys just don´t fold overcards ... I often see a call just with overs ...
      He still doesn't look like a very fishy player according to his stack. At least knows what's 100BB play. :)
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Bronze
      Ye, that´s right. Btw what do you think about light stealing from BU when there are unknown mid/shortstack in the blinds ?

Got to say there are a lot of them in NL5 rush :f_confused:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Ye, that´s right. Btw what do you think about light stealing from BU when there are unknown mid/shortstack in the blinds ?

Got to say there are a lot of them in NL5 rush :f_confused:
      Of course it's doable. You can even do it with smaller raises from BU for example if there are smaller stacks or even without having them. And as well people tend to fold a lot easier in rush, as I have mentioned already. :D
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Of course it's doable. You can even do it with smaller raises from BU for example if there are smaller stacks or even without having them. And as well people tend to fold a lot easier in rush, as I have mentioned already. :D
      Not that much on NL5 actually :D . But I´ll proly adjust my open raising sizes from BU ... do you think it´d be fine to still open 4x from CO just in case BU would be loose and call/3bet us light ?

And even do you think it´d be fine to open 4x with very strong hands from BU and 3x with the other ones ? I know it´s rly exploitable, but I doubt that players on this limit will actually notice this ... so I can make my steals cheaper and try to get more value from my strong holdings, just because they won´t shift their range in any different direction no mather what I do ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      And even do you think it´d be fine to open 4x with very strong hands from BU and 3x with the other ones ?

Nah, if you raise 4x then do 4x with all and if you do 3x then do with all 3. There might still players who can recognize it. Just basically 3x from BU should work in rush and maybe even from CO.
    • koosMaras
      koosMaras
      Bronze
      do you think it´d be fine to still open 4x from CO just in case BU would be loose and call/3bet us light
      If he 3bets you light - tighten up your OR range, add some bluff 4bets. If he calls you often then I really wouldn't change my open from 4x to 3x or so. When he starts calling more you can consider that your hand is ahead of his range, make him pay that extra BB preflop.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Bronze
      Won´t 4bet light anymore on NL5. Ever. Never ever. I spewed some $$$ with this already :D . But otherwise I agree w you ;) .