[NL2-NL10] nl5 ak raise flop?

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Villian here is 7/6/55, and is 4 tabling rush.

We were discussing this on skype at the time. Probably with his stack, if he's hit this flop he'll be betting about ~35c here, so can we profitably raise him here since this looks like a pretty standard donk c-bet?

Thanks!

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.56)
      BB ($2.80)
      UTG ($3.04)
      UTG+1 ($1.39)
      UTG+2 ($5)
      MP1 ($2.28)
      MP2 ($6.98)
      CO ($5.90)
      Hero ($6.45)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, MP1 raises to $0.20, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.20, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.47) 6:heart: Q:diamond: 9:heart:

MP1 bets $0.25, Hero folds

MP1 wins $0.44
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Yep, you can definitely consider raising here. And according even to his stack he might even sometimes fold his TP here. :) And of course his small bet shows that he rather is having some weak hand which he even doesn't want to protect.

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Yep, you can definitely consider raising here. And according even to his stack he might even sometimes fold his TP here. :) And of course his small bet shows that he rather is having some weak hand which he even doesn't want to protect.

Best regards.
      Yeah, thought that could be the best thing but being nitty I folded.

Need to take more care on stack sizes + bet sizing and play off that sometimes.

Cheers!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Best regards.
      Yeah, thought that could be the best thing but being nitty I folded.

Need to take more care on stack sizes + bet sizing and play off that sometimes.

Cheers!
      A lot of rather bad players have the leak and which easily tells what kind of hand they have. I always do try take note on them. :)
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Yeah, funny how once it's pointed out you realize it happens so often.

Think it's different though to me when they min donk bet flops, because often I feel when I raise they're calling whatever.

But this guy was pretty tight + 4 tabling rush SS so pretty good spot to raise that weak bet
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      Yeah, funny how once it's pointed out you realize it happens so often.

Think it's different though to me when they min donk bet flops, because often I feel when I raise they're calling whatever.

But this guy was pretty tight + 4 tabling rush SS so pretty good spot to raise that weak bet
      You as well have to take an eye on the flop. If it's somewhat drawy then of course they are going to continue more often. :)
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      You as well have to take an eye on the flop. If it's somewhat drawy then of course they are going to continue more often. :)
      Then we have to consider who is the pfa right ? I mean if he cbets this small such a drawy flop we can play back. But if we were pfa and he oop donks into such a flop it´s more likely that he has a draw and is going to continue anyway. Am I right ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Then we have to consider who is the pfa right ? I mean if he cbets this small such a drawy flop we can play back. But if we were pfa and he oop donks into such a flop it´s more likely that he has a draw and is going to continue anyway. Am I right ?
      Of course it's important either you are PFA or he is. And it's not always like a spot to play back when he CBets small, depends a lot on the opponent as well.

And when he donks into such a flop then yes, it could be that he is even on a draw and he wants to continue. Although against some min-bets I do still consider even raising at some spots.