[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - Sqz. KK BB - the saga continues

• luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Beforehand, a statement: I can't seem to play NL10. No matter what I do, I lose. It's been on for weeks - I rebuild BR on NL4 to donate it back on NL10.

And it's not the players, which are A LOT more fishy on NL10. Always 2 or 3 people on the table with VP$P 50+. And yet I only lose. A lot.

Back to business: villain has only been there for 17 hands, but playins 47/27. Went to showdown 71% - beautiful, but that's no sample.

Hand:

PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

CO: $10.00
      BTN: $10.87
      Hero (SB): $10.00
      BB: $15.09
      UTG: $7.68
      MP: $8.74

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:club: K:spade:

fold, MP raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.30, fold, Hero raises to $1.30, fold, MP calls $1.00, fold

Flop: ($3.00, 2 players) 7:heart: J:diamond: J:club:
      Hero bets $1.50, MP calls $1.50

Turn: ($6.00, 2 players) 2:spade:
      Hero bets $3.20, MP calls $3.20

River: ($12.40, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      Hero bets $4.00 and is all-in, MP calls $2.74 and is all-in

The squeeze seems obvious to me, what about the size?

OTF: how many jacks in his range? Not many, unless he's calling with AJs (horrible) or some JTs (not so horrible but still bad). If he has JJ so be it, of course. So an obvious cbet, especially because I'd never want AQ/AK do check behind and pick up a top pair or flush draw. Size: squeezed pot, it's big enough already, and the flop is dry as hell. I went for the 1/2 pot - I want to keep AK in, as well as QQ, TT, etc. - I just don't want to do it for free.

OTT: There is less reason to cbet here I admit. But what's the point on checking? Letting him bluff/float A high? I will obviously call any bet any way, and I don't want QQ and especially TT or 99 checking behind. Size: same as flop, and no point in betting bigger as I'll have an easy shove on river considering stacks left.

OTR: easy shove, easy game.

Hero shows K:club: K:spade: (Two Pair, Kings and Jacks) (PreFlop 91%, Flop 4%, Turn 2%)
      MP shows K:diamond: J:spade: (Full House, Jacks full of Sevens) (PreFlop 9%, Flop 96%, Turn 98%)
      Hero wins $0.00
      MP wins $16.99

edit: With 9%, not even stacking me off he had odds to call pre. Not much else to say.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello luizsilveira,

First of all it's pretty standard to move up, move down the limits. You will face such situations on higher limits as well. Rather get used to it than tilt because of it. You basically will just loose a lot more money in future on higher limits if you start tilting because of it. Try to get used to it and take it as a standard game. You might even try sometimes mixing up the limits for example. :)

Preflop: I guess I would do it even bigger here like $1,50 while the opponent seems to be fishy.
      Postflop: Not much to add, I am going broke as well. Just unlucky, we can't really do much in those situations. In long run we win against those players, so rather should be happy and try to ignore those loosing spots.

It's pretty standard that we recognize more loosing spots than winning ones.

Best regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Thanks, Veriz.

Originally posted by veriz
      Hello luizsilveira,

First of all it's pretty standard to move up, move down the limits. You will face such situations on higher limits as well. Rather get used to it than tilt because of it. You basically will just loose a lot more money in future on higher limits if you start tilting because of it. Try to get used to it and take it as a standard game. You might even try sometimes mixing up the limits for example. :)
      I don't think I'm tilting, just stating a fact. What I'm trying to do is stablish a higher BR every time I go up. So if I took my 1st shot around 15BI, the 2nd was 20, 3rd 25, and so on. But I keep going up and up in BR and not in limits :P Today's session was break even (thanks to that KK), but last week it happened that I lost 7BI in some 2 hours. Even my full house got beat by quads.

Preflop:
      It's pretty standard that we recognize more loosing spots than winning ones.
      [/quote]I commented on my overall stats on cowboys so it's not about recognizing the spot :P

But if it was well played, that's fine. That's what I wanted to know, if there was something else to do on that board vs. that player. If not, then at some point (maybe when I have some 150BI for NL10 for so much moving up and down) I might hit an upswing on it :)

Thanks for all the help.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Rather move up with like 25BIs+ rather than 15. With smaller BIs you can easily just even start tilting thank to that when you loosing like 5BIs it's already 1/3 of your BR which ain't the best.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Rather move up with like 25BIs+ rather than 15. With smaller BIs you can easily just even start tilting thank to that when you loosing like 5BIs it's already 1/3 of your BR which ain't the best.
      I know but first time I tried it was a long time ago. Then I was more like "taking shots" to see where I'd "fit". Didn't work quite well of course and I was bonked all the way back to NL2.

But right now I have some 40BI+ and still don't manage to go up without having to return.