[NL2-NL10] nl5 rush 9q steal

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      9Q steal

No stats on villian.

Like we talking about yesterday with the check raises on flops/weak bets.

He's short here, so I feel if he's hit he's going to be betting ~35c or pot, or just shoving.

Can I raise him here profitably? Or is this too dangerous against his stack without knowing him?

Thanks!

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.07)
      BB ($7.84)
      UTG ($3.17)
      UTG+1 ($1.42)
      UTG+2 ($3.88)
      MP1 ($5.51)
      MP2 ($3.24)
      Hero ($5.75)
      BTN ($1.60)

Dealt to Hero 9:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, BTN calls $0.20, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.47) 3:diamond: K:spade: A:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.26, Hero raises to $0.70, BTN folds

Hero shows 9:spade: Q:diamond:

Hero wins $0.93
  • 5 replies
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Actully in my opinion it´d be better to cbet if you were pfa, you´d not have to raise him there @ all ;) .
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Actully in my opinion it´d be better to cbet if you were pfa, you´d not have to raise him there @ all ;) .
      But being short stacked in the blinds, his hands are probably broadways, like KQ,KJ, QJ, those type of hands, or low pp's.

So that's why I check, because I'm probably beat, or don't have much equity anyways

But the small bet just looks so weak I raise.

Not sure though, maybe a c-bet would have been better :D
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      But being short stacked in the blinds, his hands are probably broadways, like KQ,KJ, QJ, those type of hands, or low pp's.
      He is on the Button actually ;) . And ye, like you said PPs, which are likely gonna fold with AK on the flop, and I even think that with such a stack he could´ve called you pre with 89s, Jxs ... 56s even ... you beat those obv, but the problem is being oop not much to do and cbet, rather than c/r. What kind of hands would you c/r here for value ?? None, because there are few draws and you´d like to protect.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      He is on the Button actually ;) .

:f_mad:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

You are never gonna make better hands to fold here, just like never. Rather CBet it than invest money with the Check/Raise, doesn't really make sense. If you had the A then you would be likely bet to protect from a draw.

Best regards.