This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL 6max: A9 multiway pot flopping Axx

• patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      How should I play this hand?

I know I should raised more preflop, 4x or 5x BB. My intention was to isolated the weak BB who like to limping. I did raise 3x many times before to isolated him and work very well. This time it does not.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $2
      BB:
      $0.55
      MP3:
      $1.82
      Hero:
      $4.98

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.102 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:diamond: , 9:diamond:
      MP3 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.06, BU folds, SB calls $0.05, BB calls $0.04, MP3 calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.24) A:heart: , K:club: , J:spade: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP3 bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.

Turn: ($0.42) 4:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.42) T:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP3 bets $0.21, Hero calls $0.21, BB folds.

Final Pot: $0.84

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows a straight, ace high (Qd 7d)
      Hero shows (Ad 9d)

MP3 wins with a straight, ace high (Qd 7d)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello patszerdonk,

Preflop: Not really a good reason that it did work early. :D Just do it the same as you would do it with your strong hands. So 5x.

As played
      Flop: Seems to be kinda close, although likely going for pot control is safer being in such a multiway pot.
      Turn: Guess I'd still bet it here, there are still hands which may pay us.
      River: Not much to do as you even didn't bet the turn, although pretty close, I don't think that we beat many hands. There are even a lot 2pairs possible which easily beat us therefore you can as well just lay down the hand.

Best regards.