[NL2-NL10] QK CO vs tight player

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Villain is playing 9/5 over 150 hands, fold to 3bet 50% ...

Preflop – do you think 3bet here is ok against such a player when he is only minraising ?

Flop – I think ck behind is better than cbetting, not that much worse that´ll call me here.

Turn and river is fine ? I´d bet turn myself if he checked to me or if he bets I´d call and bet myself river if he checks.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($8.60)
      BB ($6.20)
      UTG ($5.02)
      UTG+1 ($10.14)
      UTG+2 ($3.04)
      MP1 ($2)
      MP2 ($2.05)
      Hero ($5.07)
      BTN ($4.06)

Dealt to Hero K:club: Q:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.10, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.67) 3:spade: Q:heart: 8:diamond:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.67) 3:spade: Q:heart: 8:diamond: 2:club:

UTG+1 bets $0.30, Hero calls $0.30

RIVER ($1.27) 3:spade: Q:heart: 8:diamond: 2:club: T:club:

UTG+1 bets $0.85, Hero calls $0.85
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Preflop – do you think 3bet here is ok against such a player when he is only minraising ?
      - should be fine. If he made it 3x then I´d call or fold

Flop – I think ck behind is better than cbetting, not that much worse that´ll call me here.
      - he would call at least once his middle pp-s, so I´d personally would prefer c-bet like you would bet there with your air

Turn and river is fine ?
      - yes, he can valuebet that spot worse hands, since your hand looks exactly like AK
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Preflop: Depends a lot how he does play postflop? Basically we just see that he is nitty, although we don't see how he does play postflop and what are his normal raise sizes? If we can easily make him fold postflop and he ain't showdown bound then should be totally fine to 3bet against his min-raise.
      Flop: Once again, depends on the opponents tendency. If he is Calling a lot of CBets then just CBet for value here and that's it. :D There are still hand which may kill our action. What if an Ace comes?

As played
      Turn & River not much to add, as you went for bluff-induce you have to Call down it. Although it's important to know his AF and etc stuff as well, we might even be easily behind against his line if he rather has passive play.

Best regards.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      About the postflop - this line often works for me, when I see he is rather tight/nitty type of guy I often go for bluff induce if the board is somewhat dry or let say I hold JJ and Qxx rainbow comes and let say it´s 3bet pot ... I think when they are tight pre, they will be often tight postflop too. Should I just continue with this if it seems to be workin´ ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by acceleration123
      About the postflop - this line often works for me, when I see he is rather tight/nitty type of guy I often go for bluff induce if the board is somewhat dry or let say I hold JJ and Qxx rainbow comes and let say it´s 3bet pot ... I think when they are tight pre, they will be often tight postflop too. Should I just continue with this if it seems to be workin´ ?
      If he is tight/nitty/passive then do you really think he is going to try to bluff out out? Don't think so. Rather he will just stay passive. And as well there are still cards which might kill our action. What would you do if an Ax comes and he starts with betting on turn & river?