A welcome, also from the land of Ice and fire =)

• mongomob
      mongomob
      Bronze
      Welcome to the Pokerstrategy forum, i myself am also Icelandic but i think posts here are suppose to be in english =)

I myself started playing poker along time ago, live, and then a few months ago online, a month or so in, depositing 20 and playing for the night, it got boring, winning some, but allways re-depositing. but hey i was playing for fun, cheaper than a night on the bars and all that,

However it got a bit sad re-depositing, and i started to think about strategy and such, and about 2-3 months ago i found this site, recived theyr 50$ and havet deposited since. =) =) =)

I think that finding this site is a big + for you so early. and i seriusly recommend you read up and watch videos and participate in discussion (the last thing i havent been too great at fallowing up with) (a tad bit of socio phobia) =)
      it will improve your game a-lot...

What games are you playing Cash/Sit'n'Go?/Tournys???

Add me in the Community and i am more than willing to pass on any advice i can give from one learner to another =)

Gangi tér vel á bordunum kall og velkominn =) hehe...

(there are some other vikings lurkin about here, one has a blog and appears to be pretty succesful, Hlynkinn i think is the name of his blog if your interested). =) not sure if there's more...
  • 5 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi mongomob,

Welcome to our community!

Finally you made it to the introduce yourself board :)

Yes, thats right guys because mongomob already has a blog and you can check it our here.

I am sure many of our members are struggling with the same subject as yourself and will appreciate your input, thank you for helping out!

Wish you best of luck at the tables and may the poker Gods be with you :D
      Ingrid
    • Orko111
      Orko111
      Bronze
      Takk og sömuleidis!

So far i´ve only played cash games but i´m going to try some tournaments pretty soon. I´ve been reading around on the internet and watchin some youtube vids to try and improve my game but PS seems to be the best place for this kind of advice. Really solid stuff here. Already i´ve seen a couple of things i´ve been doing wrong and need to improve on.

Most of all I struggle with consistency (I play well, I play bad, I play well, I play bad...etc...) and sometimes i´m too passive with my betting and slowplay to much...I´m also sometime getting attached to marginal hands and not letting them go even when the odds are not so good....

But hey! Im working on it.
    • mongomob
      mongomob
      Bronze
      I'd Reccomend PS over Youtube anyday of the week. =)
      Do you play on Pokerstars, Fulltilt? etc? i am also trying my hardest to work on my cashgames these days, becouse i love the chalenge and becouse i used to hate them, i found out on a wierd time in my life that othen the things we do not like are verry necissary, but we lack understanding, =)

I allways played 9-27 person Sit'n'go's and i made my BR and i still play them on weekends to help my BR. i seem to be getting slowly better at the cash games, but havent been continuing with my blog since it got no read, and no reply, so it really wansnt helpful that much, more made me feel like a mad man if i'd continue =)

However have had some recent developments so i might,

time to clean upp this house of ours and then hit the tables... however the sun is shining... and as you know if in iceland the sun is shining you feel like your wasting evry minute you dont do outside stuff... so i guess the my dog is extra lucky today =)

See you around and welcome again
    • Orko111
      Orko111
      Bronze
      Yeah, PS easily beats Youtube!

I´ve so far been playing on 888poker but I had my 50$ from the PS quiz put into fulltilt so i have been treying that out today, just playing low stakes cash games to used to the layout and such...

Might hava go at a SnG later on, after get the vacuuming done like I promised....
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hey guys,

im so glad i found this thread. you motivated me to improve and learn :)
      i guess that's the biggest challenge i face. staying motivated to keep learning esp through the tough days. btw isnt it green in iceland and icy in greenland? sorry my knowledge of that part of the world is very limited :f_biggrin:

smiles,
      Wendy