[NL2-NL10] AQ 3bet nl5 rush

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Villian 15/11/2 over 62 hands, fold to 3 bet in 1 case.

Again small sample for that.

I want to play this hand against his tight range here, but calling in SB leaves me OOP vs pfa.

So is 3bet here best option? Or to just make the nitty fold instead?

Thanks!

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($5.38)
      BB ($2)
      UTG ($5)
      UTG+1 ($5.81)
      UTG+2 ($1.91)
      MP1 ($7.36)
      MP2 ($3.98)
      CO ($7.16)
      BTN ($4.53)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: A:heart:

fold, fold, fold, MP1 raises to $0.14, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.60, fold, fold

Hero shows Q:club: A:heart:

Hero wins $0.33
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

You don't have always to 3bet or to fold here. You can easily just Call and play postflop as well. What would be your plan if he for example 4bets you?

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Suppose my plan would really just be to fold, so i think more reason to just call it.

Thanks!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      Suppose my plan would really just be to fold, so i think more reason to just call it.

Thanks!
      Yep, mainly your 3bet is for a bluff and not for value while the opponent doesn't seem to be that wide with his range.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo

Thanks!
      Yep, mainly your 3bet is for a bluff and not for value while the opponent doesn't seem to be that wide with his range.
      Yeah.

Need to think a little more when my 3-bet is bluff or value.

Obviously I can still 3-bet bluff marginal hands against loose open raisers who have a really high 3-bet fold % until they adapt, but with "stronger" hands like here I've got to think that over first.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Just one more thought on this veriz.

Against a more of a loose open raiser who isn't really calling 3bets, I can't open quite as wide since possiblity of him calling and then I can't fully get value if I miss. So the kind of hands here I can 3bet for value is 99+, JQ+ sort of hands, right?

Against loose open raiser who folds to 3bets often, can 3bet for value and a wider ranger as a bluff, yep?

And against tight open raisers, have to consider if it's bluff or value. Against high 3bet% fold, can bluff 3bet a little more, especially since it's rush, then tighter against low % fold to 3bet to extract value from hands like QQ+, since I need to expect these tight 3bet% guys to 4bet with a hand when they do, so have a plan in case I get 4bet.

Correct line of thinking?

Cheers!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Against a more of a loose open raiser who isn't really calling 3bets, I can't open quite as wide since possiblity of him calling and then I can't fully get value if I miss. So the kind of hands here I can 3bet for value is 99+, JQ+ sort of hands, right?

Some of those hands are still for bluff only if you do that against tight opponents. And with some smaller PPs I'd rather Call for the set value and as well goes for the broadways sometimes. But if he easily fold to 3bets then why not to 3bet even with some broadways. :)

Against loose open raiser who folds to 3bets often, can 3bet for value and a wider ranger as a bluff, yep?

Yep, exactly. And for example he is playing like 25/20 then you can consider AQ for value for example. Although keep in mind that you might still be considering at some spot still turn your value-hand into bluff-hand.

And against tight open raisers, have to consider if it's bluff or value. Against high 3bet% fold, can bluff 3bet a little more, especially since it's rush, then tighter against low % fold to 3bet to extract value from hands like QQ+, since I need to expect these tight 3bet% guys to 4bet with a hand when they do, so have a plan in case I get 4bet.

Correct line of thinking?

Yep, you are getting the point. :) But of course it needs a lot practice to get more detailed overview of it. Good luck with it!
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Ok, great :)

I'll certainly be keeping this in mind when I'm playing later, since otherwise it could turn into a big leak and I go 3bet maniac :f_cool:

Also, you don't have to read it ofc, but

In Between Dreams - One goal down :) (is the latest post where you can just see my graph)

you can see how I finished for may. So,

thanks for all your help and analysis! :D Much appreciated veriz!