Where to deposit FT or PokerStars?

• burak220
      burak220
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I have been playing at ftp for a while now and I feel I'm ready to make my deposit and have studied enough to start at the micro tables. I want to know where would it be easier for me to start out real money games and to build up my bankroll. I have seen alot of "bad beats" on ftp and heard that the tournaments on pokerstars are much better in terms of the money guaranteed, I would like to play tournaments too often. If anyone can set me straight here that would be great. Any advice is appreciated, thanks. :s_biggrin:
  • 26 replies
    • martoman2k10
      martoman2k10
      Bronze
      Try both?

obviously, keep in mind any First deposit bonuses(FDB) you're going for when making that 1st deposit(s). I, personally, prefer FTP more than stars. Always have, always will.

Software: FTP > Stars
      Traffic: FTP < Stars
      Support: FTP < Stars
      Bonuses and RB: FTP > Stars ( for micro players anyway, as you've rakeback)
      Multitabling: FTP < Stars (FTP limited to 16 tables, unless you contact support afaik)

that's only my view obv, think most people will agree though.

They're both good, just find out what's better for your game/limit/time of play
    • burak220
      burak220
      Bronze
      Thanks for you input, I don't think I can get rakeback because my ftp account is not from this site unless there's another way. I don't really need to multitable i'm probably gonna play 1 or 2 tables at most. I liked the idea at pokerstars where they give you 10 freerolls of 1000$ each in prizepool which could possibly help me boost my br up but at Ftp there's a 100,000$ first depositor freeroll which could be a better option but theres about 7000 people in that one. Any ideas on which would be more beneficial in terms of bonuses?
    • StoneJ
      StoneJ
      Bronze
      I prefer stars for tourneys and full tilt for cash but thats because I like rush poker. Rush is also a great way to unlock deposit bonus as you play a lotttt of hands quickly. I also like regular rakeback but obviously you cant take that into consideration seen as your acct there isnt tracked
    • OZSA
      OZSA
      Bronze
      I still love FTP software but its a fact that stars is better, at least untill you reach NL25, also, not enough traffic on FT, and it has payment delays, gold on stars is the same as playing FR and getting rakeback. go for stars, easier to clear the 600$ depo, u can make 3 separate deposits and get the full bonus, on FT u can do it only once. go for stars..im there for 2months and beside a few software problems its way better then FT..
    • burak220
      burak220
      Bronze
      I am leaning a bit towards stars now that i have read your advices, thanks. Any other inputs?
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      I've always preferred Stars.
    • ljovej
      ljovej
      Bronze
      Originally posted by martoman2k10
      Bonuses and RB: FTP > Stars ( for micro players anyway, as you've rakeback)
      You will loose bonuses and RB in few AA or KK all ins
      Choose Stars
    • Aruniux
      Aruniux
      Bronze
      when you play in FT you always siting down in center, can pokerstars offer this too ? because really better when play multi game
    • dam192
      dam192
      Bronze
      I don't know hwo ppl can say that FTP>Stars...

If you can choose, then Stars without think it twice!
    • dam192
      dam192
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Aruniux
      when you play in FT you always siting down in center, can pokerstars offer this too ? because really better when play multi game
      Really a question?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dam192
      People like the most +EV situation. For over 99% of players that would be FTP with rakeback.
    • warmedia
      warmedia
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dam192

If you can choose, then Stars without think it twice!
      same here
    • FlikstRR
      FlikstRR
      Bronze
      Ive just signed up to FTP using teh First deposit/Rackback from here and so far I'm finding it alot more profitable and there are some really good options/preferences you can setup in the lobby/tables that make it pretty cool. Obviously the added value from the RB and the fact I have to clear the First deposit bonus means for me I'm spending more time on FTP.

BUT, Stars does have what I consider to be a much nicer table setup, the graphics are so much nicer in PS.. I know you can skin them etc, I infact design chips/decks myself... but just the way it all scales, the bet slider etc... I just prefer stars in that way.

I also prefer stars lobby.. mainly because you dont have to click on every fucking tourney to find the one you want! :s_evil: X( Makes me so angry.. such a simple design change!!! Have the tourney name in the main listing so i can quickly scan read and find the MTT I'm after! Instead i have to click 1000 times or use arrow keys etc.. such a time burner!

I guess what I'm saying is

Pokerstars
      - Better lobby/table interaction, alot more flexible with themes/skins etc
      - Better support and traffic

FTP
      - More profitable for me (could be a run good, luck or w/e but I find more fish)
      - Better options / preferences allowing higher level of customisation
      - higher value with RB etc through pokerstrategy

Summary
      If I could have RB with stars (i missed as i deposited ages ago for fun) and they changed a few simple preferences I'd be at stars instantly.. but as it stands with rb, my run good and the added options I'm happy at FTP. :)
    • VTomukas
      VTomukas
      Bronze
      I don't like Stars soft at all :) Especially when you click, and nothing happens - no problems with mouse buttons or on other platforms :) Stars definatelly has a much better orginal card layouts, but is very easy to transfer them to tilt to (Tilt original card deck sucks).

Also the only one thing where Stars software >> Full Tilt - is tournamet search by name - I agree there 100%. If you don't know exact time when a tournamet starts, and plus if its some kind of freeroll - You have "an interesting" 5-10-15 minutes to search it... That's a really annoying thing...

But for the playing - I still like FTP a lot more. Of course, with Stars 4 color deck :)
    • wizo656
      wizo656
      Gold
      Originally posted by Aruniux
      On Stars you can change your seat by right clicking the seat you want to take and click Seat me here.
    • burak220
      burak220
      Bronze
      Still uncertain as to which would be best
    • dw00d
      dw00d
      Bronze
      in terms of rakeback i havent got any since black friday? anybody else been paid since then?

hopefully they get that sorted soon and back date it!
    • achschelo
      achschelo
      Bronze
      FT > Stars on any level except traffic (which itself is a mystery).
      I simply cannot believe stars' software, feels like it was made by a bunch of kids in the 80's or something, simply horrible. Unplayable.
      And yes, rakeback has been paying on FT constantly.
    • dw00d
      dw00d
      Bronze
      so strange?! i got rakeback a few weeks before black friday, got paid for one week and nothing since?!