Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $10.54
      Hero:
      $5.09

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant.Base 0.99 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:spade: , 6:spade:
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.37) K:spade: , 9:spade: , 7:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25.

Turn: ($0.87) A:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.55, Hero calls $0.55.

River: ($1.97) T:club: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $1.97

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows (Jh Jd)
      Hero shows a pair of aces (As 6s)

Hero wins with a pair of aces (As 6s)

Preflop: is this doable for implied odds? Villain is aggressive and I have position, so I think I can win a big pot if I hit.
      Flop: I chose to call, but suspect a raise would have been better.
      Turn: not happy about calling again given that I am running out of implied odds, but I feel like I missed my chance to raise on the flop. I don't think raising now is a good idea, because on this board I don't think any better hand than mine will fold.
      River: I think check behind is fine, because I have decent showdown value and a better Ax will not fold anyway.

Overall I'm not sure whether I played this well or badly and got lucky. I suspect that A6s is a marginal hand preflop, even in position, and that if I am going to play it profitably I need to be more aggressive in these situations when I do pick up some equity.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello member001,

Preflop: Nah, you can still Call against him. As you see he ain't even going to showdown a lot then you can consider raising a lot of postflop boards.
      Flop: Although this would be one of the boards I would consider raising against him. We can easily just take down the pot here with the nutFD and even if we get called we still have a chance to improve.

As played
      Turn: Nah, I would still Call it. As you mentioned he plays pretty aggressively and he may easily even take this A on turn as a good card for 2nd barrel.
      River: Guess you can likely Check behind and take a look at his hand, don't really see many worse hands anyways Calling us while he ain't even going to showdown that much.

Best regards.