Stacks:
      UTG Dragar ($10)
      UTG+1 Thx4Coming ($19.70)
      CO TomTRambo ($5.64)
      BTN NogSM ($12.37)
      SB RollEscape ($12.53)
      BB liverpoolfan86 ($9.63)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 6 players) Dragar is UTG J:club: A:heart:
      Dragar raises to $0.35, 1 fold, TomTRambo raises to $0.60, 3 folds, Dragar calls $0.25

Flop: 9:heart: 10:diamond: 7:heart: ($1.35, 2 players)
      Dragar checks, TomTRambo bets $0.10, Dragar calls $0.10

Turn: J:diamond: ($1.55, 2 players)
      Dragar bets $1, TomTRambo calls $1

River: 4:heart: ($3.55, 2 players)
      Dragar checks, TomTRambo bets $3.55, Dragar calls $3.55

Final Pot: $10.65
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dragar,

Seems to be fine until river, there I don't really like the Call. A lot of draws completed and we basically don't win a lot of hands. Rather would just Check/Fold it there. What do you expect to beat there? Only bluff and even bluff ain't that likely which he played this way, because most of the bluffs will have some kind of draw in it although a lot draws completed.

Best regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Any sense in bet/fold river? Depending on villain, either blockbet or bet something like $2...

If on the one hand we will probably never ever get called by worse (unless villain is truly horrible), on the other hand is he ever checking back his air on river? I doubt it, if he's any decent he'd bet 100% of his air (incl. busted diamons, e.g.).

Potsize bet on river I think only polarizes more. We even have the A of hearts so I'd doubt he is raising river light if we lead again - and then at least we chose the price.
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Yeah b/f river would be good.

Looking at this again I should have raised flop since he is showing a lot of weakness.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yeah b/f river would be good.

Yeah, block-betting the river should be considerable but now again there ain't that many hands which may pay you. FD got there, few SD got there. 2pair type of connectors are possible. So therefore it really comes up the opponent if we even do have value-bet there or not or basically just Check/Fold.

Looking at this again I should have raised flop since he is showing a lot of weakness.

The problem with raising the flop is that he is very likely going to continue and we wasting just more money into the pot. The board is super drawy and doubt that he is going to fold his draws or either pairs or etc type of hands. Could even be an overpair, according to his line. What did he have then?