3betting OOP at microstakes

• dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Hi all, just a question about 3betting ranges from the blinds.
      I play PLO5 on stars, soon to be PLO10, and i know i should be 3betting for value pretty much always at these stakes, but i feel my play in 3bet pots is sub optimal.
      I just wanted thoughts on what hands you would 3bet from the blinds HU/multiway weathr it be just premium AAxx/premium rundowns, or a slightly wider range. Because i feel i am playing too nitty, but wen i 3bet a wider range i am c/folding a lot of flops.

Probably just me being a fish but i would like to hear some thoughts of how others play these spots
  • 11 replies
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Just 3 bet hands that have good visibility post flop.

Visibility is different to equity. Visibility refers to hands that are easy to value bet with, such as nut flush draws, 4 card wraps, double paired hands and obviously suited aces.
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Ok thanks for the reply, seems obvious but something i dont really consider while at the tables.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey Rib.. given how often you get floated at the micros, are you talking about premium versions of those hands, or is it reasonable to 3B with a really wide range eg suited A hands like A952s? Or is this another "it depends" answer?
    • dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      Hey Rib.. given how often you get floated at the micros, are you talking about premium versions of those hands, or is it reasonable to 3B with a really wide range eg suited A hands like A952s? Or is this another "it depends" answer?
      Yeh these are the kind of spots im talking about, i usually lean towards premium hands only (but thats because i dont play well OOP in 3bet pots) but interesting to hear what you guys think, thanks for the replies
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Is it that important to even 3bet from the blinds in micros? Unless either one is short stacked.

Playing oop is such a pain. And you don't defend blinds in omaha as you do in holdem. I would like to know what kind of profit it makes to 3bet from blinds with effective stacks of +100bb? If someone has a huge database, please post some numbers.
    • SirVanek
      SirVanek
      Bronze
      Well, i don't have a huge db, looking at 30k hand at 25SH starts.

Blinds , i 3bet :

Blinds, could 3b, did not 3bet and having AAxx

Looking at EV 3betting gives a bit better winrate.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Looking at EV adjusted, they are both making good money. Did you filter only +100bb stacks?
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      The thing is that when you 3bet from the blinds villains usually put on AAxx. So when you have AAxx, they can pretty much play perfectly against you. So I would 3bet with hands other than AAxx.
    • SirVanek
      SirVanek
      Bronze
      This is filtered to 90-100 effective stack .

Blinds, i 3bet :

Blinds, could 3b, did not 3bet and having AAxx

Looks like better to 3bet with 100bb. Or i just fold to much in coldcalled pots.
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      If you just call with aces and then fold unless you hit hard, you will lose money.
    • iamthesituation
      iamthesituation
      Bronze
      if there's only one player to raise and im in the blinds i 3bet pretty wide just because people tend to play really poorly in 3bet pots at my stakes. any aces i 3bet, most kings and ds queens. Any rundown type hand better than 3456 and any ds hand with some connectivity.

people just put you on aces at my stakes anyway, so it's so easy to play vs them. they'll pretty much ship over a cbet if they get any piece of a flop and if you don't have aces and flop big you can win a lot of money.