$1.97
      SB:
      $1.46
      BB:
      $2.00
      MP2:
      $4.50

Preflop: Hero is BU with J, Q.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, SB calls $0.07, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.24) 2, T, K (3 players)
      SB bets $0.04, BB folds, Hero raises to $0.20, SB calls $0.16.
      I raise because his bet is very low and to try to buy a free card.

Turn: ($0.64) 9 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB raises to $1.18(All-In), Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.
      I complete my straight... it's a heart card though, and he seems very strong.
      Can I call to get a note on him or am I just almost never ahead here? I just don't see him doing this with worse...

Final Pot: $1.04.
  • 3 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      I think some villains could semi-bluff w/ gutshots+FD like AQ/AJ with one heart (esp. the A of course). But not many villains, and it's not a big portion of their range, so I think fold is fine. He knows he's only getting called by flush, less often by a straight and you don't even have a heart for a redraw.

I wish I could fold more hands like that :f_biggrin:

That's my opinion, I'm curious about the proper evaluation.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Actually the thins is, if he really would have played it much differently and not donked like this on flop. Then I might consider going broke, although while he did such a block-bet on flop and which so often indicates to a draw. And therefore I would as well consider Bet/Folding the turn as you did. There ain't many hands which he would have played this way and only QJ and flushdraws completed. If he really had some kind of strong hand then he would be more often inclined to protect it than make such a small bet.

Although it's possible to see sometimes even a worse hand here. We need like 26% equity here, you could try out some ranges you put the opponent on. Some flushes maybe and so on, get a overview of this and see if you getting the 26%. And it's for break-even. Equilab will help you anyways in the future and you will need to start using it, now it's a good example. :) Try out and you can always paste here what was the conclusion for you.

Best regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Ok, so by saying it's thin, thin, really thin to maybe break even... it sounds to me as the same as "good fold" :D

(j/k)