Unibet customer service = waste of time

• Cervus
      Cervus
      Bronze
      I got disconnected from Unibet, which caused me to lose about twenty euros. My Internet connection was fine (I could open various websites), so the problem was with Unibet server. Furthermore, I didn't get any disconnection protection: I was inactive just for a few seconds, but when I was back the hand had already been played (I'd "folded", as I couldn't press any buttons).

Anyway, I reported the problem to Unibet (at info@unibet.com) on the same day, April 18th. Here's a brief log of what happened from then on:

April 20: got no response, sent another message.
      April 21: reply from Franco, who obviously didn't read my message.
      April 21: replied asking to re-read my question and actually answer it.
      April 22: got instructions to send them logger files; done.
      April 27: no response, sent a reminder.
      April 27: reply from Valentina, who said my e-mail didn't have any attachments (checked my Sent folder - it did); told them so.
      May 12: again, no response, sent another message saying that I'd share my experience on poker forums :-)
      May 12: another message from Franco, who repeated that I hadn't sent them logger files; OK, re-sending them the files.
      May 26: no response; sent another reminder, which has been left without reply so far.

So, it's been about 40 days, and I haven't received a single meaningful reply. I believe this is the 2nd worst possible customer service - right after not replying at all.

If you've contacted Unibet support in the past, please share your experience. I don't understand how they can treat their customers like that and would like to do something about it.
  • 12 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Cervus,

I am really sorry to read about you experiencing difficulties with Unibet's customer support.

Sometimes they don't receive the attachments because they have limited files receiver and if the attachment is bigger the files wouldn't even reach their server and your email would come empty.

Please try to create a new email asking what is the limit of attachments you can send in and hopefully they will be able to solve your problem soon.

Let me know
      Ingrid
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Hi Servus,

We'll ask Unibet on your behalf (not just about the attachments, but about your whole support experience in general).

Standby for an update :)

Best,

Marc
      Customer Support Manager
      PokerStrategy.com
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey there sorry to hear about this experience.

I've only been with unibet a couple of weeks and contacted them a couple of times when ive actualy managed to get through on live chat (50% of the time it says were closed) ive been impressed would be nice if they were available a bit more often though
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I always call the customer support for free via Skype (Unibet, Ladbrokes to name a few) in which the only problem I have encountered is that I have to spell my loginname and their background noise

One should give it a shot as well if you are experiencing difficulties like this
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Hey Cervus,

Just to give you a short update: we're in contact with Unibet and hope to have this issue resolved on your behalf within the next day or so.

Thanks for your patience.

Best,

Marc
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Hi folks,

Just to give you a short update here.

Many of our contacts for helping with this type of issue are in Barcelona for the Unibet Open so we're looking now to escalate this once more through our B2B department to get a resolution asap.

Thanks for your continued patience here folks, it is appreciated!

Best,

Marc
      Customer Service Manager
      PokerStrategy.com
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      As a further update, we've escalated this issue once again. I hope to have an answer for you asap.
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Hi Cervus,

Unibet informed us that you should have received an answer to your query.

They also said that since you were the only player having connection difficulties at the time, they are unable to compensate you for any potential loss.

If you need more information, please send us a support ticket and I'll be happy to discuss this with you privately.

Best,

Marc
      Customer Service Manager
      PokerStrategy.com
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Their live chat is offline for the whole day today... also they give no response to messages :(
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Okay this is ridicolous, MORE THAN RIDICOLOUS!!!!!!!!!
      I had to do a ID CHECK soon after I registered. Well GREAT! I sent them the needed things and I got back:

"
      Thank you for contacting Unibet with the requested documents.

Unfortuately we cannot accept a mobile telephone bill as a proof of address. The following documents are accepted:

Utility bill statements include landline phone, heating, water, electricity, and municipal government correspondence where address and name is shown is also accepted. E.g. a letter from your local tax office, police or registry office.

Kindly send us a copy of one of the above (dated within the last 3 months) so that we can proceed to verification and have your account active as soon as possible.

If this is unclear or you require further assistance with anything please do not hesitate to contact us via email or by calling us on 0800 013 1571.

We thank you for your understanding and wish you a nice day.

Best regards,
      Amy

Unibet Customer Support "

How the hell and WHY? should I give them things they need? I am 20y old and i don't get such letters nor I want to get any kind of the letters they want me to send them. I surely won't go to the police to ask for some paper to prove my adress? WTF? My ID tells my address and I was kind enough to send them my PHONE BILL, are they NUTS? They wan't my underpants picture? I am so damn pissed now with their stupidity, how should i provide them with "proof" if I DON'T HAVE SUCH BILLS ?!?!? I repeat I am 20y old a student living in another city, not getting any kind of bills/taxes etc. HERO WTF?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Zhusy,

I understand your frustration, however getting angry is not a solution here :f_love:

Let's try to improve the situation by providing them with a document which will enable them to verify your account for once and all.

You live in a rented apartment or with parents/friends? Any chance you could contact your landlord and ask him for a utility bill and maybe scan that in together with your rental contract. I think that should do the trick.

I can push it a little for you, once you have these documents.

Please let me know
      Ingrid

They wan't my underpants picture?
      :f_biggrin:
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Hi Zhusy,

I understand your frustration, however getting angry is not a solution here :f_love:

Let's try to improve the situation by providing them with a document which will enable them to verify your account for once and all.

You live in a rented apartment or with parents/friends? Any chance you could contact your landlord and ask him for a utility bill and maybe scan that in together with your rental contract. I think that should do the trick.

I can push it a little for you, once you have these documents.

Please let me know
      Ingrid

They wan't my underpants picture?
      :f_biggrin:
      I am a student and live in an apartment in the capital city far away from home. I am not registered there anyway, I am registered at my home which is stated on my ID card. The law here forbids having any other address on your ID except the one you are living on, as a student I didn't bother "RE-registering my living place" since I don't intend to stay in the rented apartment for way too long.

I am @home now and I searched my whole house to find something for them but i have NOTHING. They even want it to be "(dated within the last 3 months)", right!? I have a police paper which states where I live here (found it after 2 hour of search) and NO WHERE stands that its a legal paper and they don't accept it OF COURSE?! Now they want a bank statement which i have to pay for and since I live SHITLOAD away from my bank I am not planing on going there and giving those morons my transaction list?!? YES the only paper my bank can give me are the transactions.

Why I had no problems with ongame, FT, PS, PP, RR, paypal, moneybookers and ALL other web hosting companies I work with but with a retarded website called unibet.com which isn't able to have a live chat online?! So ridicolous.

Sorry for being so pissed but when some1 wants to make an idiot out of me just makes me pissed