MP: $10.96
      Hero (CO): $10.00
      BTN: $11.88
      SB: $18.58
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $2.95

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has K:spade: K:diamond:

UTG calls $0.10, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, SB calls $0.45, fold, UTG calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.60, 3 players) 3:diamond: A:heart: 7:club:
      SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $1.20, fold, UTG raises to $2.40, Hero ??

Ok question here is can i call the c/r for 12bb in a 52bb pot when i'm most likely just bluff catching?
  • 6 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jxb1977,

Unfortunately you can't. I guess I wouldn't even CBet the flop for the reason that there ain't many worse hands which are Calling you. And as well don't think that he is shoving with a lot worse here anyways while not many draws are possible.

Best regards.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hey, Veriz. Here I am bothering you again.

I hate to check behind here and see his pocket 4s get a 4 on turn :rolleyes:

But consider it goes check/check on flop. What's the plan if no K hits? Fold turn? Call turn, because he can bet his whole range ok. But then what's the river plan? Call turn/fold river is awful.

I'm asking because of villains stack size. By the last street he will be all in, regardless of in flop or river.

I'd guess this boils down to table dynamics and the villain. If he's someone playing SSS, I'd call. He wouldn't probably be set mining (well, he shouldn't) and strong aces hould have played fast before flop. If he's playing something like AJ that way his awful anyway, and taking a note would help.

However, is he's a total fish I could fold (as played) because he can very well be playing some A8o that way. Then the check behind makes much more sense, because he might not even bet turn after our cbh...

Am I too wrong?
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      By the way, if villain is fishy and somewhat subject to tilt, he could very well do that w/ air or even some JJ just to slow hero down and stop his iso+cbets... no?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      But consider it goes check/check on flop. What's the plan if no K hits? Fold turn? Call turn, because he can bet his whole range ok. But then what's the river plan? Call turn/fold river is awful.

Why do you think he can bet his whole range? We are still multiway and they would still rather try to get cheaply to showdown with some weak hands and not really bluff.

But just try asking. What worse hands will Call you on flop while being in multiway pot? Why do you even want to bet it. :D Just donate money to the A hitter?

By the way, if villain is fishy and somewhat subject to tilt, he could very well do that w/ air or even some JJ just to slow hero down and stop his iso+cbets... no?

We don't have those reads and I guess he would just ship himself preflop with JJ with his stack.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Sorry, Veriz, really sorry. I didn't notice it was multiway.

About the JJ... hmm, not sure. An SSS player would ship it but many donks wouldn't. You probably have seen more than I did people going to showdown in limp/call/call/call mode with AA...

But yeah, I'm making to many assumptions here. I think I just don't allow myself to give too much credit to limpers / even less to limp-callers / even less to limp-callers in SH...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by luizsilveira
      Sorry, Veriz, really sorry. I didn't notice it was multiway.

About the JJ... hmm, not sure. An SSS player would ship it but many donks wouldn't. You probably have seen more than I did people going to showdown in limp/call/call/call mode with AA...

But yeah, I'm making to many assumptions here. I think I just don't allow myself to give too much credit to limpers / even less to limp-callers / even less to limp-callers in SH...
      Nah, it's fine. Feel free to comment all the hands you want. I am not a robot and even I can do sometimes mistakes in evaluations. :D Either I could be drunk, or tired or anything else. :f_biggrin: