Questions about betfair

• hohoho321
      hohoho321
      Bronze
      Hello ,
      After 2-3 days I'm making deposit in some poker room , so I want to know some things about that one. I would appreciate if I receive a quick answer .

1. How is the traffic on NL10 , NL25 (sh) - I'm sure evenings is good but how about afternoons or mornings . Is there NL20 ?

2. Can you tell me what % rakeback lies behind the First deposit bonuses ( I saw smth for 40% but I guess that is for the biggest rake made ). I will deposit 500$ , so which of them would be best for me - WELCOME 250 or 500 ?

3.Are there more things that I must know about the room ?
  • 4 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi hohoho321,

Firstly sorry for the delay in getting back to you, your thread got a little swamped by the many replies from members wanting to join in our latest promotion with Betfair Poker, which are always popular.

1. I don't personally play cash tables on Betfair, I just tend to play tournaments and SnG's. Whenever I have looked though there always seem to be several tables going at each of the levels you mentioned. Indeed also for those above it too.
      As Betfair is part of the Ongame network, it benefits from the player volumes of the whole network.
      You're right, evenings (European time) is perhaps the best time for volume, but there should be sufficient tables running during the day time too.

Yes, at the time of writing, their "micro-stakes" filter has NL4, NL10, NL20. Their "low stakes" filter has NL30 (a useful step between 20 & 50) and NL50.

2. There used to be a thread that laid out the rakeback at each level, I'll try to locate it for you and provide a link.
      You would need to choose whichever bonus you think is clearable in the given time. Always choose a sensible option and achievable given the amount of time you have available to play over the coming weeks.

3. As part of a big Betting site, it often draws in players with little or no previous poker experience. This can prove beneficial to someone like yourself who perhaps already plays or is developing their game with the help of PokerStrategy's educational material.
      You've probably already seen our Betfair Guide, but linked for reference.

3.1 Is there anything else you would like to know? or maybe try it out and let us know what you think?

Any problems or further questions, don't hesitate to shout.

Best regards,

Bart
    • hohoho321
      hohoho321
      Bronze
      I already deposited and your colleagues from German community told me that the difference between WELCOME250and500 is insignificant (4%) and although I surely wouldn't clean it all I choosed that one . Who knows maybe I could hit something on the 10k freeroll and start playing higher :D

The one thing I wan't to know now is about the Rake races of Ongame . It is written that 1 point there = 1 $ rake made .
      So how many "Player points" equals 1$ rake ?

p.s - in my calculations 1$ rake = 3 Player Points , but I'm not sure if they are right .
    • hohoho321
      hohoho321
      Bronze
      Oops and last - I can't find info about what is the cap of the rake of 5max tables . Any clues :?
    • Dziurgis
      Dziurgis
      Bronze
      I think it is 5% with a cap of 3 usd.