[NL2-NL10] NL5 rush JJ flop raise

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Wondering what you thought here?

Opponent is 11/11 over 65 hands.

He's only c-bet as PFA 2/4 times, and he's folded his c-bet to a raise 1/1 times.

Feel with top pair here I don't want to give away cards, since I need to protect from AK/AQ/KQ.

Isolate myself against a set/QQ+ but I save money on later streets if he shoves/3bets me here since I can fold it?

Thanks!

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($7.24)
      BB ($4.97)
      UTG ($2.13)
      UTG+1 ($1.82)
      UTG+2 ($2)
      MP1 ($2.07)
      MP2 ($5.80)
      Hero ($11.62)
      BTN ($2.11)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: J:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP2 raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.37) 9:spade: 4:club: 2:heart:

MP2 bets $0.27, Hero raises to $0.75, MP2 folds

Hero shows J:diamond: J:heart:

Hero wins $0.85
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

What's your plan if he 3bets you? Of course it's doable, although more often I do like just Calling, even as you mentioned about his CBets. We basically only make better hands to continue here and worse will fold.

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Jim4rdo,

What's your plan if he 3bets you? Of course it's doable, although more often I do like just Calling, even as you mentioned about his CBets. We basically only make better hands to continue here and worse will fold.

Best regards.
      Suppose it's pretty hard, since I didn't 3bet PF I can't know the strength of his hand.

If small 3bet on flop possibly call and re-evaluate river. If he shoves all in... Well I suppose I have to fold, since i'm showing strength but i'm beat my quite a few holdings
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Best regards.
      Suppose it's pretty hard, since I didn't 3bet PF I can't know the strength of his hand.

If small 3bet on flop possibly call and re-evaluate river. If he shoves all in... Well I suppose I have to fold, since i'm showing strength but i'm beat my quite a few holdings
      Doesn't really make sense to Call his 3bet unless you plan to go broke. You will most likely have spent so much money already that rather fold to his 3bet than Call and then fold to the shove if nothing really changed.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Best regards.

Doesn't really make sense to Call his 3bet unless you plan to go broke. You will most likely have spent so much money already that rather fold to his 3bet than Call and then fold to the shove if nothing really changed.
      Hmm, that's true.

Certainly a fine line trying to sort out my 3betting/flop raising for value/bluffing, and when to do it.

But I'll get there ^^