Stack
      SB:
      $4.49
      Hero:
      $4.41
      MP3:
      $1.6

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.101 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:heart: , A:club:
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, 2 folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.06) 7:diamond: , 6:heart: , 2:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.04, SB folds, Hero calls $0.04.

Turn: ($0.14) T:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08.

River: ($0.30) K:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, MP3 raises to $0.34, Hero raises to $1.08, MP3 calls $0.74.

Final Pot: $2.46

he had 6 , 7
  • 7 replies
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Hey man,

I'm not a hand judge, but can give you some advice which hopefully you can use before you next play :)

Especially at these lower limits, never limp or just check with your aces. There are occasionally times to slow play, but for now you just want to get the pot as big as possible really before the flop. By not doing this, you give yourself a big disadvantage:

- You allow others to get to see the flop with much worse hands, which they can hit with and beat you.

- Often you don't create a big pot and so can't get the most money.

- You also don't know where you stand in the hand either. If you raise pre flop, you can find out more on their hand. For example, it seems you have stats, so if you are raising pre flop and someone with 5 vpip and 5 pfr enters the pot too, they probably have a stronger hand. But letting them see the flop almost for free you don't get this advantage.

Here when they both limp/call, you should raise to ~4bb, so about 0.10, maybe 0.12

This basically helps with what I said up there ^ Bigger pot, hopefully they won't have complete trash, and puts more pressure on them as you are the pre flop aggressor and so can make them fold by betting again (if it is a draw heavy board like 5 :heart: 6 :heart: 8 :diamond: , this is definitely a must)

On the flop ,you can't check that either. You need to protect your aces: Checking gives them more outs and cards to draw with, for example if they have 89, they've now hit a straight on the turn for free.

So I would bet that flop as well. If you have raised to 8c, or 10c, the pot will now be at least 25c. And so, you can bet about 17c and already get the pot bigger, because you won't the most out of your good hand.

Hope that helps
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello plebpl,

Preflop: Pretty horrible line you took here by the Check. :( Never-Ever! Check and slowplay with AA, just raise it for value!

As played
      Flop: Why not bet here? Uh. :( And then even worse play continues by Check/Calling.

As played if flop was not bet
      Turn: Bet here once again!

As played if turn was Check/Called
      River: And not much to add, and now you turn aggressive when a lot better hands are possible? Doesn't make sense at all. :( Of course the betting is fine, although there ain't many hands which may raise you and you beat. Therefore it's a Bet/Fold.

Overall I really advice you posting more hands, it seems that you have huge leaks in your play and without removing them you wont move up the limits and wont play profitable.

Best regards.
    • plebpl
      plebpl
      Bronze
      thanks for your honest advice, ill get a few more posts up and we will see if we can fix a thing or 2 :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by plebpl
      thanks for your honest advice, ill get a few more posts up and we will see if we can fix a thing or 2 :)
      Mostly I am not really that critical. But in this case you really did play very badly. :( By the way, try out the PokerSchool which will start on 6th June. Definitely worth. :)
    • plebpl
      plebpl
      Bronze
      yeh i will do :) , i think i was trying to keep him in the pot. i guess i should stop worrying about that and just value bet with monsters
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      yeh i will do :) , i think i was trying to keep him in the pot. i guess i should stop worrying about that and just value bet with monsters
      That's the main idea with strong hands. :) You will rather loose money in long run with such a play than win.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      I played/play on your limits, and can certainly say from experience, play your premium hands like this to their full potential! Get the most money out of them preflop as you can, and protect your hand on heavy boards like this.

Also, Veriz will certainly help you out with your hands, so don't be worried about posting them up if you aren't sure. That way you will learn so much! :)