[NL2-NL10] NL 25 SH KT blind vs blind

• Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $38.03
      SB:
      $52.43

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: , T:spade:
      4 folds, SB raises to $1.00, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.00) 4:club: , 3:club: , K:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.90, Hero calls $1.90.

Turn: ($5.80) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $4.50, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $10.30

Player was aggressive. Not sure about calldown, I´m often dominated, unless he two barreled me with pp or A high. I thought about re-raising flop, but since he bet almost the pot he probably had smt.
  • 6 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      I'd fold preflop, but as played I'd raise the flop, because for one thing, it might be a c-bet, but also, you have no draw, just a weak hand on a drawy board, so calling won't do any good.
      I'd say raise for information to about 6$. If he 3-bets it's an easy fold, and if he calls... well you'll figure out what to do on the turn ^^
      If you think the bet size means he has something, then I guess you can just fold the flop (assuming "something" means top pair/overpair)
    • aanty2000
      aanty2000
      Bronze
      usualy people bet pot when the board is drawy and they want to protect their hand . i dont see any value in raising flop here because most of the times he will shove and you will fold . calling and reevalueting on the turn seems better to me . folding flop is an option but i guess it;s weak
      edit : against agressive player i raise it preflop or fold it
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by aanty2000
      i dont see any value in raising flop here because most of the times he will shove and you will fold . calling and reevalueting on the turn seems better to me
      He'll shove only AA, 44, 33, and AK (but then I doubt he'd play a set so aggressively). He probably won't shove a draw, he won't shove a bluff (including PP). Since most times he doesn't beat us, why just call? You're letting a pocket pair, A or flush draw see a cheap turn...
      You say re-evaluating on the turn is better, but then again, hands that will bet are (I guess): flush draw, K, AA, maybe second barrel with PP. You have hardly any more info, but it gets much more expensive to raise with marginal hands here.

usualy people bet pot when the board is drawy and they want to protect their hand

Given that read, you can just fold, no? Since hands that protect are, basically, top pair or overpair. For a SB raiser, that's more or less KJ+, AA.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      IMO, you shouldn't defend with KT if you intend to fold having hit on a relatively safe board.

If SB is loose and aggressive enough then just call down. Some players do really crazy stuff in BvB battles.

If SB is tight then fold PF.

As others have already mentioned, you could have raised PF or on the flop.

IMO, your play in this hand was not logical. Reads help massively in these situations.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      My logic was next:
      I could re-raise pre-flop, but since KT is bad hand, just defended in position and would probably float him a lot of flops. Here I have to pair, but his strong flop bet, could mean draw, set, K or any pp. Can´t see value here re-raising cause pot is small and I can probably still float him, like I intended on the first place. Turn was blank and he bet almost the pot again, not sure he would play that aggressively with pp that is below K. Calling turn and hope for free showdown isn´t probably the case here, so I folded the hand. Against aggressive player re-raise flop 5$ is better than probably call, cause he would often twobarrel here with a lot of hands.
      Not sure about re-raising pre-flop. He may be call K with better kicker and I´m a lot of trouble if I hit my K or T.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Fold preflop: the situation shows the problem of your hand very good: a K is often used to c-bet and aggressive players also fire a second barrel. But, what kind of board do you want to hit if not a TP board like this? If you don't want to make a loose calldown (the probem is that he may play e.g., AK/KQ the same way) then just fold preflop.