Dealt to Hero 7:heart: 8:heart:

fold, BTN raises to $0.75, fold, Hero calls $0.50

FLOP ($1.60) A:heart: 6:spade: 7:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN checks

TURN ($1.60) A:heart: 6:spade: 7:diamond: 8:club:

Hero bets $1.25, BTN raises to $3.25, Hero calls $2

RIVER ($8.10) A:heart: 6:spade: 7:diamond: 8:club: J:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $4.75, Hero ??

Tight looking villain over first 50 hands 17/13.

I am inclined towards a c/f on the river as I don't see too many worse hands in villain's range as I would expect a tight guy to usually check back one pair hands on the river and usually not raise them on the turn.
  • 3 replies
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Hard to say without more reads/stats on him ...

He could be checking back the flop with a lot of Ax's coz it's dry and you can't have much to call with there.

Now he might be valueraising the turn and also wanting to protect vs ugly river cards that might bring four to a straight.

If he had a solid value hand, I would see him betting the river bigger since it's a blank.

So when he raised the turn to protect a bit, now since it bricked out, he might be thin vbetting random Ax's and also he can be a bit scared of AJ and now just vbets smallish.

Anyway, it's close but I'd be more inclined to call, river price is quite cheap and we get valuable information about how he plays.

You have to be good about 27% of the time and I don't think it's too unrealistic + the added bonus of valuable intel =)
    • ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Bronze
      have to call when the bet is so small
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´m never folding there two pair, since he is not reping anything else than 88 and I would not really can´t give him credit for 1 hand combo. Also some players might check back AK and then would raise turn for value