This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 rush 88 turn play

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze

At first maybe turn looks like a pretty bad call, but;

Villian is 14/9/7 aggression over 160 hands.

Had a few reads on them that they float/play aggressive quite a lot, which is what made me call, and also the fact that villian has 100% turn c-bet over 4 cases as well.

Obviously river is brilliant but also a bit rubbish, since it gives me my FH but may scare away JJ or similar.

Could I bet smaller for value and hope to get a call from weaker hands?

Thanks!

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.02)
      BB ($13.70)
      UTG ($5.03)
      UTG+1 ($2.89)
      UTG+2 ($5)
      Hero ($7.02)
      MP2 ($2.91)
      CO ($8.40)
      BTN ($4.99)

Dealt to Hero 8:club: 8:heart:

fold, fold, UTG+2 raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.37) 9:club: 9:diamond: 3:heart:

UTG+2 bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

TURN ($0.87) 9:club: 9:diamond: 3:heart: 7:diamond:

UTG+2 bets $0.78, Hero calls $0.78

RIVER ($2.43) 9:club: 9:diamond: 3:heart: 7:diamond: 8:diamond:

UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $1.80, UTG+2 folds

Hero shows 8:club: 8:heart:

Hero wins $2.27
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Nah, I would have played the same way. What about his WTSD? With his AF/CBet frequency he may have a lot air type of hands in his 2nd barrel range as well. Nice hand!

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      His WTSD% is 17%, but 67% W$SD

So would this be the kind of stats typical of some 2 barrelling?

Since obviously not going to showdown that often, but when villian does has a pretty good hand.

Also noticed villian has along with the flop and turn c-bet, has 0% river c-bet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Jim4rdo
      His WTSD% is 17%, but 67% W$SD

So would this be the kind of stats typical of some 2 barrelling?

Since obviously not going to showdown that often, but when villian does has a pretty good hand.

Also noticed villian has along with the flop and turn c-bet, has 0% river c-bet.
      When he has 100% of flop & turn CBet then yeah, he is doing that with air as well and likely if doesn't have a hand then most of the time just Check/Folding the river. And with a pair I would Call him down as you did.

And with some air type of hand or for example some semi-bluff type of hand we can consider raising against such opponents and abuse his WTSD value which indicates that he ain't going to showdowns a lot rather than Call him down.