$0.53
      UTG2:
      $0.79
      MP1:
      $0.78
      MP2:
      $0.37

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T, A.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, 3 folds, BB calls $0.04.

Flop: ($0.13) 5, 7, T (2 players)
      BB bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, BB calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.33) J (2 players)
      BB bets $0.06, Hero calls $0.06.

River: ($0.45) 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.02, Hero calls $0.02.

Final Pot: $0.49.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of tens(T A).
      BB shows a pair of jacks(A J).

BB wins with a pair of jacks(A J).

Villain unknown

well first of all i'm not sure if i should've played this hand from preF but anyway:

I made top pair on the Flop so i re raised his minR...was this correct, first of all?

secondly, when the J showed up on the Turn he made top pair and he still minR me (i dont know why actually but oh well xD ) and just called preferring not to make a 2ndB...maybe i should've made a 2ndB

what do you think? should I've folded instead?
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Heyhello!

I would raise bigger on the Flop for value and protection so i would go to like 15 cents.

Now on this Turncard, i would raise again on his minbet. a lot of times he is bet/folding or bet/calling you so in both times you can just check back the River for the showdown!

You can ofcourse not fold on these small bets on the Turn & River
      Best regards,
      Gerv
    • padretino
      padretino
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Now on this Turncard, i would raise again on his minbet. a lot of times he is bet/folding or bet/calling you so in both times you can just check back the River for the showdown!

Best regards,
      Gerv
      I'm sorry gerv i didnt quite get it

so you re raising his min bet why?...cos his raise looks weak trying to make here a blocking bet to see a cheap River and, eventually, a cheap showdown?

what about if he shoved me on the turn?

cos his call sure wasnt max EV at all right? xD was it even positive...i dont know how to make those calculations well

ty
    • padretino
      padretino
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv

Best regards,
      Gerv
      I'm sorry gerv i didnt quite get it

so you re raising his min bet why?...cos his raise looks weak trying to make here a blocking bet to see a cheap River and, eventually, a cheap showdown?

what about if he shoved me on the turn?

cos his call sure wasnt max EV at all right? xD was it even positive...i dont know how to make those calculations well

ty
    • gogolstar
      gogolstar
      Bronze
      Hi padretino. First of all sorry for my english, I usually only read but I´m now trying to write a little too :f_grin:

Your flop raise must not give him implied odds to play a draw if you think that you are commited with your TP.

Then in turn, the villain could have anything, including or not a flush. Your raise in flop should make unprofitable his FD. A new reraise in turn puts the FE on your side so, for example, a bet of half of new pot will be profitable to you if he folds at least the 35% of the times. Maybe you can raise a little more to avoid floating, and it will still being profitable to you. If he calls you still have a good hand with good chances to get better.

In river there´s no need to make a new bet if you are not sure to have the best hand and you are thinking in fold to a check/raise.

If he shoves you, then you can think in fold.

Cya!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello padretino,

I think you block a lot of flushdraws with your A, you have decent equity to raise it for value against Tx and some hands that have pair + 1 draw

If he minbets, you raise and he shoves, you have to do odds & outs to determine whether calling is+EV most likely you have a pair+flushdraw so I don't think raise/folding on the Turn i sprofitable at all so mostly I would raise/call

Best regards,
      Gerv