$0.82
      BB:
      $1.40
      MP3:
      $0.75
      CO:
      $1.14

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, A.
      MP3 folds, CO raises to $0.08, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.24, BB folds, CO raises to $0.40, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.26.

should've I gone AI in this situation?

villain 33/33/3bet 42.9%/18 hands
  • 6 replies
    • Elroch
      Elroch
      Bronze
      I can see why you did the non-standard resteal, as your opponent gives the impression of being loose, but the data is very thin. 33/33 says nothing much after 18 hands 5-handed, but 3-betting 3 out of 7 opportunities suggests his 4-bet is likely to be loose. You may well have the best of it if you push, but he could probably call with anything. There's also money to be made from him by waiting for better than AJ.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hey padretino,

Nice and standard hand. After only 18 hands you can't tell anything about this opponent just looking at stats, so 3-bet/fold according to the articles is well played.

Best regards,
      burek2000
    • Elroch
      Elroch
      Bronze
      Are we playing the same system here? I read in http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sss/1853/1/ that on button and small blind, AJ is not a restealing hand. Seems perfectly reasonable for it to be but that's not what it seems to say.
    • BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      .... It's in the 3betting chart. If opponent openraises from CO, 3bet AJ.

Edit : Yep, I took a look on the resteal chart. It says you can resteal AJ from BB but not from SB, lol what's the difference. Besides, it contradicts the 3betting chart. Leak! :f_biggrin:
    • Elroch
      Elroch
      Bronze
      [deleted accidental duplicate post]
    • Elroch
      Elroch
      Bronze
      Yes. Had spotted that before, and should have taken it into account. Given that the 3-betting chart only takes into account the opener's position and the restealing chart only takes into account the restealer's position (assuming opener is in one of the three stealing positions), it is inevitable there are slight inconsistencies.

To state the obvious, the bad position of the small blind should make his 3-betting a little tighter, but there is a discount due to the blind which should make it a little looser. Theoretically, 3-betting from the small blind should be a little tighter than from the big blind. These are all examples of the necessary level of simplification in what is an excellent but obviously not optimal system.

Anyhow, restealing with AJ from small blind seems good in general.