[NL2-NL10] KQo MSS

• padretino
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, K.
      MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, 3 folds, MP2 calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.19) 6, 7, 4 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.19) J (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.15, MP2 raises to $0.51, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.34.

Villain 63/13/AF 1.6

on the flop i decided that the cards on the table wouldnt give me much fold equity so i ch'ed

on the turn J shows up and i decided that i could make a cbet now...especially after villain's minR

instead he shoved which i found very annoying xD ...i guess he could have
      JT+ or JJ+ though i find the first more probable

anyway how would ve you played this hand? do you think i playe well? shouldve I placed a cbet right on the flop? should the sizing of my turn cbet be higher/lower?

• 4 replies
    • Elroch
      Technically, it's not a cbet for two reasons. Firstly you checked the flop, secondly your opponent had donked (admittedly very small indeed). Another possibility is that your opponent had a set on the flop and intended to check-raise, with the turn donk trying to start some action without scaring you off. Less likely he has a flush draw (or a straight draw).

You even have pot odds to catch a K or Q on the river, but perhaps not so clever with chances of sets, straights and flushes costing you.
    • burek2000
      Hey padretino,

The board on the flop is very bad to c-bet so check behind is well played.

On the turn, the J isn't the best card to bluff on although it's doable. I would just call his 1BB donk and hope to hit a K or a Q on the river.

As played, you have an easy fold on the turn after he 3-bets your raise. I like your raise size here, but as said I prefer to call his mindonk because despite the overcard on the turn I don't think our FE increased much from the flop.

Best regards,
    • padretino
      what if i made top pair on the river...lets imagine:

River : K :club:

and i have these 2 possibilities:

Villain mindonks again or Villain ch's

what would you do then?

• Gerv
      When he mindonks, it is pretty tricky but I think if he has a genuine hand, he would have valuebet bigger so I will valueraise then

If he checks, we valuebet ourselves ofcourse roughly 60% pot :)

Best regards,