[NL2-NL10] nl5 rush AT go broke?

• Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      No real stats on villian.

I checked the flop hoping to induce a bluff, and to let him c-bet most of his range on here.

Suppose after he 3bets all in i can fold it here? Just see him with lots of worse Aces in his range, and also some draws like 67s or something?

But against small stack I can probably call this?

Thanks

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($5.17)
      Hero ($5.24)
      UTG ($5.42)
      UTG+1 ($4.90)
      UTG+2 ($2.02)
      MP1 ($1.72)
      MP2 ($6.56)
      CO ($2.30)
      BTN ($1.40)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: T:heart:

fold, fold, fold, MP1 raises to $0.15, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.32) 5:club: 9:spade: A:spade:

Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.65, MP1 raises to $1.57 (AI), Hero calls $0.92

TURN ($3.46) 5:club: 9:spade: A:spade: 5:diamond:

RIVER ($3.46) 5:club: 9:spade: A:spade: 5:diamond: 3:heart:

MP1 wins $3.23
  • 3 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      fold preflop. If he's a proper shortstack he has a very tight range from MP1, and if he's a fish he's usually limping so only has strong hands when he's raising. Plus playing weak hands OOP is very difficult. If you were on the button it might be closer but still probably worth a fold. Obviously if you have reads you can make a more informed decision.

The flop really epitomises why you can't profitably play hands like ATs out of position against short stacked players. It's too weak to check fold when you hit your hand, but if he's willing to go all in he will almost certainly have you beat. I'd check call 3 streets and pray he keeps the pot small/ spazzes with KK, QQ, JJ.

Once you check raise you're getting almost 4-1 on a call so it's probably correct, but i don't see you ahead ever at all. It's pretty rare for people to raise weaker aces than AT from MP1 i think (no reads.) Still crying call because of the odds.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Jim4rdo,

Preflop: Against his stack I'd rather fold. We can't even overplay him, he basically will go broke loose. If he would be full stacked then would be other case.

As played
      Postflop: Not much to add, as you went for a Check/Raise I wouldn't really turn my hand into bluff and fold. I'd go broke as well. Although try asking what hands will continue here if you Check/Raise?

Best regards.
    • Jim4rdo
      Jim4rdo
      Bronze
      Thanks for the advice here, you're right about playing it OOP against short stacks.

Too strong to fold there, but I thought I was behind after he 3bet all in, so lesson learnt.