BSS Preflop

• ssopht
      ssopht
      Bronze
      Hi,

First of all I'd like to say great site, it's much more organized and usefull than full tilt academy (and the tutorials don't contradict themselves).

I have some questions regarding the BSS preflop tutorial and the hand chart:

Does it apply to cash games or tournaments ?
      What happens when more than one person calls before you ?
      Should you bluff preflop ?
      I followed the rules and folded 95% of the hands, is this good or am I doing something wrong ?

Thanx for answering these newbie questions in advance. :)
  • 3 replies
    • Pascal
      Pascal
      Bronze
      Hi and welcome to the community :)

put some answers in the quote

I have some questions regarding the BSS preflop tutorial and the hand chart:

Does it apply to cash games or tournaments ? BSS chart is for cashgames only, tips on tournaments are in the MTT section
      What happens when more than one person calls before you ? I assume you mean more people called the blind? you just adjust your raisesize here
      Should you bluff preflop ? you already have some hands in the chart which have a bluff component, so you should stick to the chart for your first steps
      I followed the rules and folded 95% of the hands, is this good or am I doing something wrong ? think 95% is a little to much, but as your samplesize should be small it is not an unusual value
      Cheers,

Pascal
    • ssopht
      ssopht
      Bronze
      Thanx, Pascal.

What happens when more than one person calls before you ?
      I assume you mean more people called the blind? you just adjust your raisesize here
      The chart says when one person calls before you, does this also apply to several callers?

I followed the rules and folded 95% of the hands, is this good or am I doing something wrong ?
      I think 95% is a little to much, but as your samplesize should be small it is not an unusual value.
      The problem is that in low stakes no limit in full tilt someone always raises before you, therefore you only end up playing pairs or AK (68 / 1326 = 5%). And considering that you can play only small pairs if you hit a set, I only manage to win with mid-high pairs or AK. And since I raise so few hands, my oponents become very suspicious when I raise every 10 min, and they usually fold. What am I doing wrong ?

Thanx for your reply,

Filipe.
    • Pascal
      Pascal
      Bronze
      Hi Filipe,

hope we are talking about the same chart
      for me it says "persons called"

for the other question there is no real easy answer
      but if you turn the question in "How can I become better?" there are some nice options for you on our page

visit the coaching with veriz and hasenbraten:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/coaching/150569/

try to get a place in teh new Pokerschool format:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/content/The-PokerStrategy.com-NL-BSS-School-Registration-starts!_47043/

use (which means reading and posting) our great handevaluation forums
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1387

Cheers,

Pascal